Twelve

Yoongi Focus

“So what!? Did you all assume I did!?” Namjoon said defensively.

“Well...I mean kinda?” Jimin offered. “You just...don’t seem the type to bottom.”

“Can we stop talking about this.” Namjoon groaned.

“You know we’re never letting this go, right?” Jimin said with a smirk.

“Shut up!” Namjoon groaned once again. He quickly looked around. “Yoongi! T or D?”

“T.”

“Smash or pass?” Namjoon asked, pointing directly at Hoseok who blushed.

“Smash.” Yoongi said bluntly. It was now Hoseok’s turn to choke on the air.

“Wow, way to go right for it, Hyung.” Jungkook said.

“We should just do truth, now. Just get to know each other. Completely open and honest?” Taehyung proposed timidly, unsure if it was a good idea or not.

“Yeah, even our dares are pretty much truths. I guess.” Jimin agreed.

“Okay. Jin, where’s the riskiest place you’ve fucked Namjoon.”

“Can’t say, don’t wanna die.”

“Then drink.”

I put a barrier up.

Zues’ throne, don’t say shit.

“Holy shit!” Jimin suddenly shouted, laughing his ass off.

“What?” Hoseok turned to Yoongi, confused.

He cursed, forgetting that they had a human with them.

“Jimin is a little strange.” He offered to the human.

“Okay…” Hoseok said, not sounding very convinced, but he didn’t press the subject, which Yoongi was relieved about.

Jin cleared his throat. “Hoseok, I heard you had a boyfriend? How long have you been together?”

“Um…” Hoseok began to shift a little, uncomfortably.

“Is something wrong?”

“I don’t want you to think he’s a creep or anything. But I’ve been with him since I was sixteen.”

“That long?”

“Yeah.” Hoseok offered a hesitant smile. “Anyway…”

And so the night went. It was rather late by the time the boy’s finished their game.

“Hoseok, why don’t you just stay the night?” Yoongi asked him quietly. “It’s really late and I don’t want you going home by yourself. I probably have more alcohol in my system than I should, and you do, too. Plus everyone else has passed out.”

“O-Okay.”

“You can share my room. Come on.” Hoseok followed Yoongi out.

“You’re a really good friend, you know?” Hoseok whispered when they made their way down the hall.

“What makes you say that?”

“People talk about you, on campus. They say you’re really hard to approach and scary. That you’re blunt and kind of cold. But you’re actually a really good friend. I don’t know...I could be wrong, but I kind of got the sense that Taehyung and his hair color...that he has been holding onto something for a while that you’re trying to help him let go of. And when Jimin passed out, you carried him to his room...I don’t know, you just some like a really good person, Hyung.”

“Thank you.” Yoongi said quietly, not admitting that there was a small blush making its way to his cheeks. He made it to his room and allowed Hoseok in.

After they had both gotten ready for bed, they slid into the bed together after Yoongi had assured Hoseok that it was perfectly fine.

They laid there kind of awkwardly. Yoongi didn’t need sleep, he was a god, but Hoseok was just awake, hyper aware of the fact that there was another man in the bed.

It had been a very long time since he’d slept with another person beside him at night. He normally made Hoseok sleep on the floor.

“Hoseok?”

“Hmm?”  

“Do you want to talk?” Hoseok turned and faced the god, a small smile on his lips.

“About what?”

“Anything. I want to get to know you better. Tell me about your life, everything.”

“Everything?” Hoseok squeaked out.

“Well, I understand that you don’t know me very well, but I want to. I want to be your friend, Hoseok.” Hoseok felt his chest tightening as he smiled wider.

“R-really?”

“Yes, really.”

“O-Okay...well…” Hoseok paused. “My parents died when I was young and I was shuffled around from foster home to foster home. None of them were really the best places so...I guess it was just kind of natural for me to fall into the wrong crowd. I joined a gang, became their dealer. I’ve done some things I’m not proud of.” Hoseok swallowed. “I wanted an out, so I started street dancing to collect money to get a place of my own, I don’t know, maybe just enough to start somewhere new. Start over. But until then, I was still a part of the gang. I was arrested for drug possession and dealing. I wasn’t exactly sober, either.”

Yoongi sat there and listened. “I met...my current boyfriend then. He was just starting out and he was a state lawyer, representing those who didn’t have the money to get one of their own. I was pretty much on my own, my foster parents weren’t going to help me. He...helped me. Defended me and got me off with only two weeks in Juvie. And when I returned and had nowhere to go, he offered to let me stay with him and we’ve been dating ever since.”

Yoongi stared into Hoseok’s eyes, not giving away how truly sorry he felt for the human. The man, whoever he was...he was using Hoseok. He had taken advantage of a lonely and vulnerable kid and made him dependent on him. And now Hoseok really had nowhere to go, because he’d been cut off.

Yoongi hated the feeling churning in his gut and he sighed. “I suppose it’s my turn.” He said with a small laugh.

Hoseok gave him a ghost of a smile.

“Where do I start?”