Twenty Six

His mother’s mother, Demeter, had taken Hoseok, and now had his flower in her hold.

It didn’t really surprise Yoongi all that much, Hoseok did remind him of his mother at times, and he was sure that Demeter felt the same. And when Hoseok didn’t have a coin to pay Charon for a trip to the underworld...she must have swept him away.

Yoongi growled in frustration once again. Even if he knew where Hoseok was, that didn’t help him, didn’t make him feel any better. He wanted his flower in his arms, wanted him by his side.

But Yoongi could no longer step foot on the terrain Hoseok resided in. And even if he could, Yoongi would never be able to get near the human. Demeter may be the mother of his mother, but he was ultimately Hades son, someone the goddess despised.

Yoongi was screwed, he would never get past her, never be able to just ask for Hoseok and be granted the permission to have the human. Demeter was stubborn, a little obsessive over the things she had, and Hoseok wouldn’t be an exception. Yoongi’s mother told him how her mother had often locked her away, kept her from much due to her protectiveness, and Hoseok wasn’t even a god, merely a human soul now...Demeter wouldn’t let go of him easily, if at all.

But Yoongi was so desperate to hear his voice, see his face, kiss him, tell him he loves him, that he would try everything he could do to get the human back in his arms where he belonged, where Yoongi yearned for him to be.

He wiped the tears he knew had fallen from his eyes and stood once more, brushing off his pants and sighing, looking around.

He suddenly appeared in his old home, now cold and abandoned. He sighed, checking the clocks, then checking the date.

A week.

A week had passed in the human world, something that Yoongi could barely even register as he collapsed onto the couch and sighed, rubbing his hands through his hair.

A knock on the door suddenly shoved him from his thoughts, and he slowly got up, walking towards the door and found two officers, standing there. He furrowed his eyebrows. “May I help you, officers?”

“Min Yoongi?”

“That’s me.”

“Do you know Jung Hoseok?”

“I do…” Yoongi winced upon hearing the name.

“We were told by the people at your college that you were particularly close with the man.” Yoongi flinched this time, nodding slowly. They’d found his body, they were here to question him about the murder.

But Yoongi couldn’t, he couldn’t do it.

So he waved his hand. “May I help you officers?” He finally said once again. They gave him a confused look, then looked at each other.

“I’m sorry...wrong door.” The officers said quickly, turning and walking away. Yoongi sighed and waved his hand once more, making sure that all traces of him and his friends were gone from anyone who’d ever seen them, talked to them, or had any kind of interaction with them. It was easier that way.

He turned, shutting the door and collapsed back onto the couch, his hands resting in his hair as he tried to figure out what the fuck to do. Jin and the others had gone back to Olympus long before he had, wanting to stay with Hoseok. They’d grown bored, having nothing to do on the human plane, but Yoongi had stayed for Hoseok. He would’ve stayed for the rest of the humans life, or until Hoseok wanted to come with him to his home.

Because that’s all Yoongi had wanted.

To give Hoseok a choice.

He didn’t want to be his father and kidnap Hoseok and force him to be with him in the underworld, ruling a kingdom of death when your very essence thrived on life. He wanted Hoseok to have the option to spend the rest of an immortal existence with Yoongi, or to simply live the rest of his human life and then make his way to the underworld and spend his days in the Elysium fields, as much as it would hurt Yoongi. But the god wanted him to have a choice, to make those decisions for himself, to not be forced one way or another.

But now the choice had been ripped from him, set in stone, and Yoongi hated it, hated how he would have to make that decision for Hoseok. Because Hoseok had not a penny to his name, not a coin to give Charon, and if Yoongi was able to get Hoseok back…

He would have to keep the human with him, chain him to him and make him his prince or send him to live the rest of his existence in a type of purgatory, and Yoongi would never let Hoseok do that.

Shaking his head, the god stood slowly on his feet, knowing that maybe Hoseok was better off with Demeter, spending his days among flowers, plants, doing something that he loved.

But Yoongi was selfish. And he wanted...he needed his flower in his life.

So without hesitating anymore, the god transported himself to the one earthly plane he knew Demeter inhabited, getting to his knees, and praying.