Nineteen

Yoongi Focus

Yoongi paused, but then burst out into laughter. Hoseok was blushing madly, still waiting for his answer, confused as to why his mother had said such words in all seriousness and excitement.

“My mother can be a little eccentric, please do not take her words to heart, Seok.” Yoongi finally managed in his fit of laughter.

It was the only thing the male could do, brush off the comment, for how would he explain to Hoseok that he indeed, with proper nurturing and care, come to bear children for the god? He didn’t want to scare Hoseok, and he definitely didn’t want the human to find out what he was.

Not yet, at least.

Yoongi knew, deep down, that he wouldn’t ever find someone like Hoseok. Kind and gentle hearted, someone so selfless, who would suffer and be in pain, but smile at everyone, just to make them happier.

Yoongi...for the lack of better words, had fallen irrevocably in love in the human Jung Hoseok. He wanted to spend the rest of his existence with the human, love him and wed him, make him his.

But Hoseok was a human, someone who would need to be broken into the idea slowly, as not to scare him off. Yoongi didn’t know how Hoseok would take it, learning that not only was Yoongi a god, but that he was Hades son.

And then even more foul things made their way into Yoongi’s mind.

Hoseok was too bright and beautiful for the underworld. He was too pure for such a drab place that Yoongi lived in. The god couldn’t do that to the bright and sunny human...he couldn’t. He would be doing the same thing his father did to his mother, snuffing out her light for his own selfish desires. Wanting the beauty all to himself, no matter how much it caused him to wither.

No…

Yoongi shook his head, biting his bottom lip, a thought for another time. For now, he wanted to help Hoseok, Get him to a better place, if that was all he could do. Take him away from his tormentors and make Hoseok truly happy. And if he had to walk away from it all afterwards...then so be it. If it was to ensure the human’s happiness, then he would do anything.

So invested in his thoughts, he didn’t notice that Hoseok had moved past him and into the kitchen, grabbing himself a cup of water.

When the god finally snapped out of his little daze, he turned and focused in on the figure of Hoseok...his lover, if that is what he could call him.

Hoseok had agreed to try something with him. To be with him so that he may show him what real love was.

His lover.

Yes, Jung Hoseok, the beautiful and kind human, was Min Yoongi’s lover.

Yoongi almost couldn’t belIeve it himself, when he told himself that. But he smiled anyway, a warm feeling filling up his chest as he walked up to the male and wrapped his arms around his waist. Hoseok jumped a little, surprised at the sudden contact, but relaxed when he felt Yoongi around him.

“You’re so pretty.” Yoongi whispered, pressing his chest into Hoseok’s back, giving his shoulder a little kiss. Hoseok giggled, turning suddenly and wrapping his arms around Yoongi’s neck.

“So are you.” He teased quietly.

Yoongi’s face blushed a bit and the god looked down, unable to contain the smile flourishing on his face. Hoseok beamed at the god, always loving when the male produced the rare smile for him. He thought Yoongi should smile more. It made him even more beautiful than he already was.

“Do you want to do anything today? The others are out of town for a bit, and we don’t have classes today…”

“Hmmm...should we just stay in and cuddle then? It’s still rather early, and we can go out and get some lunch later. I’ll make dinner, how does that sound?”

“Wonderful.”

-

“He’s taken an interest in a human?” The goddess smiled, and nodded, falling into the arms of her husband.

“You can stop pestering him now, love.” She sighed, closing her eyes and soaking in the warmth of her husband. “I know that you have been pressing him for a long time, so have I, but he’s found someone to love and cherish, and we should leave it be.”

“But will the human accept him?”

“You’ve always been so worried about him. Your son will be fine, love. He is falling in love, and then human is beautiful.”

“Beauty means nothing—“

“Oh shut up, like you have a say.” The goddess teased, smacking the male on the chest slightly. He chuckled, shaking his head.

“Ah, I am sorry, my dear flower, I suppose that you are right. I guess I am just concerned for our son, as he is getting older and I do not wish for him to be lonely all of the time.”

“Yes, I know. Just let him be. Jung Hoseok is a lovely man, kind and gentle, and I can see that he makes Yoongi very happy. So stop sending those meddlesome messengers and trying to set your son up on dates with nymphs. He’s not interested, plus I hate half of those whores.”

“Language, flower.” The goddess snorted, rolling her eyes.

“Yes, love.”

”