Twenty Four

Yoongi saw black. His anger burned so dark that he could only see black as he stood, slowly laying Hoseok’s body to the ground.

Sorrow howled through his essence and he turned slowly, his eyes setting on the human who had taken everything from him. The man was groaning, rolling to his side and clutching his side.

“Who the fuck are you!?” He shouted angrily once he managed to stand again,staggering to the wall and supporting himself up. “I will have you rested and put behind bars for the rest of your life! Who do you think you are?”

“Who do you think you are?” Yoongi asked slowly. He took a step forward, towards the man. “You...you are worse than the most evil creatures who lurk in the dark. You are worse than the mother who sacrifices her own children for beauty, you are filthier than the skeletons who cower at my feet.” Yoongi growled.

He made it to the man, grabbing the front of his collar. The man’s eyes widened as he gazed up at the god. “W-Who are you?”

“You’re worst nightmare.” And suddenly they were plunging down. The human released a high trill, screaming at the top of his lungs as they fell through the layers of the earth, falling, falling, falling.

Yoongi didn’t even so much as flinch, just stared right into the man’s soul, eyes burning with hatred. This man would be the first to receive the full extent of the god’s wrath.

Suddenly, they stopped, slamming into the ground.

The terrain had a red hue to it, the landscape utterly bare, not a sound could be heard. The man was breathing heavily, head whipping around quickly. “W-where are we?”

“Someplace you’ll spend the rest of your existence. Welcome to Tartarus.”

“W-where?” Oh...so now he was scared?

Yoongi smiled, his teeth gritted together. “I believe a barely worthy equivalent would be hell. All of the world’s worst vermin lie here, imprisoned for all eternity. Befitting, for a man like you.”

“Stop joking! You’re not fucking funny! I can ruin you! I have connections!”

Yoongi smirked at that. “Funny.” He said, his voice becoming deeper, louder, filling the empty space more and more. “It’s funny that you think mere mortal things can help you now.” Yoongi released the man and stepped back. “You aren’t in the human realm anymore.” Yoongi whistled loudly, once, twice, and suddenly a loud screech was heard from above.

Three figures appeared in the red sky, swooping down low to land beside Yoongi. Three beautiful women rested there, smirking at the man whose pupils blew wide at the sight of the naked women.

“Harpies, this man here needs a little...lesson taught to him. He’ll be here for a long time, and I’m sure you’ll take good care of him.”

“The human is alive, my prince.” One of them hissed. “We cannot touch the flesh of a mortal, you have forbidden us.”

“You’re quite right.” Yoongi turned back to the man. “Would you like them to take care of you, human? Hmm?” The man nodded his head quickly, his eyes drinking in the beautiful figures of the women. Yoongi smirked, straightening his back even more. “Very well.” The women suddenly moved forward, wrapping their arms around the man, their hands slowly moving up and down his figure.

A look of lust crossed over his eyes as they smirked at him.

And suddenly he was screaming.

Screaming as they transformed, their bodies mutating into ugly, horrid creatures with wings and beaks. The man crouched down, away from their grips, trying to get away, but there was nowhere to go. Yoongi watched, his eyes narrowed in satisfaction as he watched the man kneel and beg.

But the god simply shook his head, clucking his tongue a few times in distaste. “What happened? Hmm? I thought you could ruin my life? That you have connections?” Yoongi mocked.

“Please! Please, I will do anything.” Yoongi sneered at the man groveling at his feet, trying to latch onto his ankle, kicking him in them face and stepping away.

“You’ve taken everything from me.” Yoongi growled lowly. He clutched his heart, feeling the aching burn, the sadness, the sorrow, the dark abyss of depression at the loss of his love. His flower. His beautiful, bright flower with a smile that shone like the sun, it’s colors bright and cheerful, spreading its beauty with others.

Cut from the stem and left to wither in the hands of this man.

“Please…”

“You do not deserve pity.” Yoongi motioned for the females and they held the man up, grabbing his chin so that he would be forced to stare at Yoongi. “A human looking upon a god will burn right through their soul, often obliterates it until it doesn’t exist anymore. But that’s too easy for you, I want you to suffer. Which is why you’re here, because as punishment, your soul won’t cease to exist, it’ll merely leave your body, kill you and leave your soul laid bare for my beautiful ladies to take care of.” Yoongi smirked. “For the rest of eternity.”

“No—“ Yoongi didn’t listen, he merely unleashed himself, shedding away his mortal layer meant to protect the human eye from his full glory. The man screamed, his eyes, his soul burning at the mere sight.

Yoongi stayed in that form, letting the man burn and suffer.

“Sire! Please!” A harpy cried out, her eyes, too, burning. Yoongi sighed and dimmed his glow, placed a layer on to protect them from him. The harpies relaxed, now able to see, and they now held the man in their arms, only his soul, his human flesh having been burnt away.

They grinned, giving one look at Yoongi in conformation. “He’s all yours, ladies. Make sure to take extra special care.” The women let out ear shrilling screams of pleasure, suddenly taking off, dragging the sobbing and screaming soul with them.

-

Yoongi walked briskly towards the river Styx.

Guilt and shame rested in his chest, but not for what he did to the human, but for drawing it out so long.

But time in Tartarus moved slower, much slower, and the equivalent of thirty seconds had passed since he’d dragged the man’s soul down to the deepest pits of his home.

He approached the shore, watching as a boat came into view, small and rickety, as if it would tip over at any moment.

“Sire.” The cloaked figure said, bowing his head slightly.

“Charon. Tell me, a human soul, has one crossed recently? A male, the name of Jung Hoseok.”

“This human…” Charon licked his lips, his eyes blazing red with the fire inside of them. “I may have seen him…”

Yoongi growled and threw a gold coin at the creature. “Tell me.” He demanded.

“There was one...but he did not have a coin, so he could not cross.”

“Is he on the other side?”

“That’s the strange part.” Charon said, shrugging.

“What do you mean?”

Charon shrugged once again. Yoongi sighed and chucked another golden coin at him. “I came back to gather another soul...and his was gone.” Charon finally offered.