Twenty

“I don’t know if this is a good idea.”

“Oh come on. What’s so bad about it?” Hoseok stared up at the building, shaking his head.

“My...he works there, and what if someone sees you with me? They’ll tell him and I—“

“Hey….hey.” Yoongi captured Hoseok’s  lips into his once. “I agreed to saying that you didn’t have to tell anybody that we are dating. I know that you haven’t broken up with...with him yet, despite how I want you to—“

“I have to tell him to his face.” Hoseok whispered.

“I know, I know baby. We’re just here to pick up some of your stuff. Come on, everything will be okay. I love you, Alright?”

Hoseok sighed and nodded, a small blush adorning his cheeks at the words, the conversation they’d had last night ringing through his head. This was the right thing to do, he wasn’t a cheater, he wasn’t doing anything wrong, he was just...he didn’t know, but he knew that whatever he was doing wasn’t wrong.

Last night~

“Hobi.” Hoseok turned to Yoongi, smiling brightly.

“Yes, Kiki?”

“Can I talk to you?”

“Well, you are right now.” Yoongi rolled his eyes, but gave Hoseok the whisper of a smile from the attempted joke.

“I meant seriously, smartass.” Yoongi finally replied, flicking Hoseok’s forehead lightly. The human pouted, snuggling further in Yoongi’s embrace.

Six weeks. Six weeks they had been dating and Yoongi was worried.

Worried because in four days...he  would be coming back.

Hoseok hadn’t really spoken about it, but it had been on Yoongi’s mind for a long time now. “Hobi...I’m serious, I need to talk to you about something.”

“Yeah, Anything, Kiki.”

“Four days.” Yoongi began, speaking quietly and slowly, trying to break the human into the topic he was about to talk about.

Hoseok must have gotten it, Yoongi could tell by the straightening of his spine and the pale tone his face suddenly got. “Y-Yeah?”

“Do you know what happens in four days?” Hoseok’s eyes cast downwards, the human biting his lower lips as he nodded. “Hoseok...we have to talk about this. I know that you asked me not to ask until you were ready, but I need to know. I need to know what you plan to do, and what happened. But I won’t ask what he did to you until you’re ready, and I know you’re not right now. But I need to know what you’re going to do.”

“I—“ Hoseok’s voice got stuck in his throat and he didn’t know what to say. The man thought about it. Sat there and allowed himself to truly think about what he was going to do.

For the longest time, what he would have said was end this. He was cheating, he was a bad person. He was falling for someone else, being unfaithful...kissing and dating someone else when he had a boyfriend, someone who had supported him for a long time. Someone he relied on, and someone he owed his life to. He was betraying them.

But then Hoseok thought about. Knew that that was a lie. He owed that man nothing, Sure he fed him, occasionally, gave him a home, if you could even call it that, sent him to school and paid for all of the expenses...but Hoseok knew that he was suffering, he knew that he was being abused, and that the way he was being treated was wrong.

Yoongi had shown him that. Hoseok never thought that a relationship could be like this, where he got to be an equal, he got a say in the things they did and didn’t do, he could do what he wanted. Hoseok almost forgot what it was like to have a will of his own, to be able to make his own decisions and not wake up and be afraid of where he would be hit, what he would have to cover up the next day so no one would be suspicious.

Hoseok sighed, nodding his head when he finally wrapped his thoughts into a coherent bunch and he knew what he was going to do. “I’m going to break up with him.” Hoseok finally whispered. “I’m going to break up with him, move out, and get a job. I’ll try and find somewhere to stay, find a way to pay for living expenses and tuition, I just...I can’t go back to that. I can’t—“

“Hey, Hey...shhh...it’s okay.” Yoongi said, drawing the human into his arms and hugging him tightly. “I’m here for you. And you can stay here, until you figure everything out, I’m serious, don’t think you have nowhere to go. And if you need help with tuition or anything—“

“No, I’m not going to rely on anybody for that.” Hoseok said firmly. He pulled away slightly to face Yoongi head on. “I appreciate the offer to stay, and I will take you up on that, but I won’t grow dependent on you, Yoongi, I can’t. I’m sorry, I’m sorry if it seems like I don’t trust you, I do, I just can’t—“

“I understand. I do, Hoseok, and I’m not upset, I’m not blaming you for anything. You make your own decisions and you decide what you want to do with your life. Your life is yours, you hear me? Don’t you ever feel obligated to do something I want to do, to rely on me, just know that I am always there, Okay?”

“Okay...thank you, Kiki.”

“Do you want to go back to your house and get your things?”

“Y-Yeah.”

“Text him, then and tell him—“

“No, I’m going to tell him to his face.” Hoseok whispered. “I’m not going to be that person to break up over a text, I need to tell him to his face—“

“I understand that you’re trying to be a good person here, but I’m just looking out for your safety—“

“Still. I need to do this, I need to face him, Kiki, I can’t….I just can’t be a coward again and bow down to him like he’s done nothing wrong. I have to do this.”

“Alright.” Yoongi breathed out, knowing that Hoseok wouldn’t back down from this. “Just...just keep your phone on...maybe call me and have me on the phone while you’re there, I don’t want anything to happen to you.”

“Of course.” Hoseok nodded. He sighed, falling forward and back into Yoongi’s embrace. “Thank you…” He finally breathed out. “Thank you for being there, for caring for me, for showing me what...what love was, even if you don’t—“

“I love you, Hobi. Jung Hoseok, I love you.” Yoongi blurted out before Hoseok could even...even say that Yoongi didn’t love him. Because he did, he loved Hoseok with all his heart. And he needed the human to understand that. “I love you so fucking much.”

Hoseok’s breath hitched, and he froze.

Because...because even he hadn’t said that in so long…

Yoongi panicked when Hoseok burst into tears, but the human shook his head, assuring Yoongi that he wasn’t upset, he was…

He was…

He was happy.