Chapter 1

A/N: So..I feel like this chapter is broken up from the next one kinda weirdly, but when I first started writing I didn't put any established chapter breaks, so it was kinda just a wall of text. I could either cut it where I did, or have a 9000 word chapter...anyways, here's part 1. Feedback is appreciated!

______________________________________________

"Callieeeeeee!"

I look up from my laptop with a slight start when my friend, Audrey, barges into my dorm room. As soon as I realize it's her I chuckle and roll my eyes playfully then focus on my computer again.

You'd think I'd start remembering to lock the door considering how often my friends barge into my room unannounced, especially when I'm trying to study for my hardest class. My roommate, Brook and I always forget our key cards though, so we opted for an open-door policy for most of the time. I'm definitely rethinking it.

"What is it now?"

"That's how you greet your best friend that you haven't seen for ages?"

"I saw you, like, two days ago and we FaceTimed last night. Calm down, needy."

"I'll ignore your rudeness for now because I have great news..." She trails off, clearly wanting me to act interested and ask what she has in mind.

I don't say anything, keeping my eyes glued to my laptop screen as I read through a line in my essay that has been bothering me for a while, but I haven't been able to figure out how to fix it yet.

Audrey groans when she realizes I'm not going to humor her. "You suck so hard. I'm taking you to a party tonight!"

It's my turn to groan. "No! This essay is due on Monday and I need it to be perfect. Professor Mayhew is literally the toughest grader on the planet, and I need my first assignment to blow him away."

"You promised that I could take you out second semester. It's second semester! Come on, please!" she begs and I look up to find her giving me the classic Audrey pout. She always gives me that look when she wants something, and it almost always works. What can I say? I'm a big, soft pushover for my friends.

When I first started college last semester, I promised myself that I wouldn't get too involved in the party life before I got settled into my academic routine. I limited myself to a certain number of social events, which drove my party animal best friend crazy.

Back in high school we were the life of the party together, and she wanted that to continue when we got accepted into the same university, but I didn't want to let anything get in the way of academic excellence. I wanted to prove that I truly earned my spot here.

"Audrey..." I sigh and reluctantly shut my laptop. "Fine, maybe. I need more details first, though. Can I go like this?"

She looks down at my outfit then gives me a look, as if to say 'Seriously?'

I look down at what I'm wearing then back up at her again, "What? It's not bad."

I'm wearing what I wear most of the time on campus - black leggings and some cute but comfortable shirt with one of my many UCLA sweatshirts thrown on top. Sometimes on days when it's really hot I'll opt for shorts instead, but this was usually the look. Sure, maybe it's not the sexiest, but it's certainly not ugly. It's comfortable and I'm all about school pride. Plus, my ass looks damn good in leggings and I know it.

"No way. I'm dressing you. This isn't some lame frat party; this is an off-campus Hollywood party. I think some celebrities might be there." she squeals in excitement while I rolled my eyes.