Chapter 13

Callie's POV

I wake up in Billie's arms for the second morning in a row. Brook is back home in Chicago all week for a family wedding, so I've had the dorm to myself, and Billie wanted to take advantage of that fact.

I was skeptical about her coming over because next week are my winter quarter finals and all I want to do is study, but once Billie found out I've been keeping myself awake until unholy hours of the morning to do so, she started coming over despite what I said to force me to sleep at less ridiculous times.

Sharing my dorm bed doesn't exactly sound like the best idea considering it's size, but somehow we manage to not only make it work, but we make it pleasant. So far this week has been some of the best sleep I've had since getting to college.

It's been a bit over a week since we decided to start this whole "trial" thing, and so far it's been pretty good. Neither of us have told anyone, not even those we're closest too. That part has been a little annoying, because I want to rant to Audrey about everything I'm feeling the way I usually do, but I also respect Billie's wishes.

At some point I'm going to go out of my mind from not being able to tell people, especially Audrey, but for now it's actually kind of fun being a secret...And a little hot to be honest. I think both of us have a little bit of a thing for sneaking around.

"Turn that shit off," Billie mumbles into my neck, referring to my alarm that's set to alert me I have a lecture coming up.

"To turn it off I have to get out of bed," I remind her, prompting her to tighten her arm that's draped over my waist.

"Never mind, I can deal."

I smile and lay there for a few minutes, tuning out my alarm and savoring the feeling of being held by the girl who makes my heart pound and my knees go weak.

It's a good feeling, even with all the caveats.

"Alright, I gotta get ready," I say after a bit and sit up, making Billie whine in protest. "Sorry, cutie."

She's smiles sleepily and I lean down to kiss her lips gently, pulling back quickly when she tries to pull me closer and deepen it.

"Later, I promise," I whisper and chuckle when she whines again. "So whiny. Do you want to get up and get coffee with me on the way to class?"

She shakes her head and snuggles into my pillow. "Too tired."

I roll my eyes playfully and start climbing down from my loft bed so I can get dressed and ready for the day. I turn my alarm off then walk over to my closet to pick out an outfit.

"You should come to the studio with me and Fin later," she says after a few minutes and I look over at my bed to see her peering over the bed rail at me, her hair all cute and messy the way I always love it in the mornings.

"I can't, I really need to focus on prep for finals. I promise over quarter break I'll come in all the time."

"Aren't you going home for that?" she asks and I shake my head, frowning a little sadly as I do. "Why not?"

"It's just not really worth the money. My brother can't afford to get home from the East Coast and I won't see my mom at all because of the wack hours she works. My cousins will all be at school and my uncle and aunt will be working all the time too," I explain with a sigh and slip on one of Billie's shirts that I stole and have no intention of giving back.

"So you'll be on campus all break?" I nod. "Fuck that, you're staying at mine."

I smile and shake my head as I put on a pair of my basic black leggings. "I don't want to be a bother."