Chapter 8

Billie's POV

I wake up with a soft groan, a dull ache in my head. It's not too bad as far as hangovers go, but it's still not pleasant. I open my eyes but instantly shut them again when the light streaming through the window hits my eyes.

Fuck that.

I don't need to look around to know that Callie is still in bed with me; I can still feel her arm draped over my waist and her face nuzzled into the back of my neck.

Memories of what happened last night start to fill my brain and I start smiling to myself as they do.

We made out. Like, a lot.

I feel like I should be freaking out over the fact I not only kissed a girl but liked it so much, but I'm oddly calm about the whole situation. I guess it shouldn't really be a big deal, I mean, we're just two consenting people who made out a little. So what?

As much as I liked it, last night didn't really accomplish what I hoped it would. I'm still really confused about my feelings for Callie. I was kind of hoping that if we kissed I'd have some eye-opening moment and instantly realize what they mean - either I'm straight and curious or I'm bi and crushing on my friend. Our kiss didn't do that, it just made me realize one thing - I really fucking like kissing Callie.

Maybe that's all I need to know.

I've been putting all this pressure on myself to give myself a label, but maybe I don't need to. I've never been a fan of labels on other things, like relationships, so why treat this any differently?

The facts are what matters, and the facts are that I like kissing boys and I like kissing Callie.

I know she was worried things would be weird or awkward after, but I don't feel weird about her at all. Well, no weirder than before. I'm still confused as fuck, but I dealt with that before and I can deal with it now.

I feel Callie starting to stir and I roll over so I can face her, smiling softly when she opens one eye to look at me.

"Morning," I say quietly and she grunts in response.

"What time is it?"

"I don't know, I just woke up too," I reply and and chuckle when she closes her eye again, letting out a tired sigh.

"Your breath stinks," she mumbles and I laugh loudly, making her wince. She must have a headache too.

"Fuck you, so does yours," I reply and watch as she sits up, running her hand through her messy - but still somehow perfect - hair.

She grabs her phone from the side table and scrolls through it for a bit before looking down at me.

"How are you feeling?"

I shrug slightly and keep looking up at her. "Hungover as shit. I could do with some coffee."

She smiles slightly and reaches down to run her fingers through my hair, making my eyes flutter shut and a soft sigh escape my lips.

"I'll go get us some, there's a stand right outside my building," she says and gets out of the bed to change.

I open my eyes and watch her as she goes over to her closet, pulling her shirt off as she walks. I raise my eyebrows in surprise when I see a tattoo on the back of her right shoulder.

I can't really see what it is because her hair is covering most of it, but it is definitely a real, permanent tattoo.

"Cute tat," I say and she looks back at me, raising an eyebrow.