Chapter 12

Callie's POV

I wake up with a groan, my head pounding and my stomach twisting with nausea. I drank way too much last night, damn it.

The curtains are drawn but it still takes me a while to open my eyes properly, still feeling like it's too bright. When I finally open them, I see that I'm alone in Billie's bedroom. I look down to find that I'm not wearing my clothes from last night anymore, instead one of Billie's shirts and pairs of pajama shorts.

I don't remember getting here last night, but it's pretty easy to figure out what must've happened. Bless her for taking care of my drunk ass.

I roll over and see that there's a glass of water and note on the side table, prompting me to sit up slowly.

I reach out for the note and chuckle slightly when I read it.

Went out to get your hungover ass some breakfast. Take these pills and finish the whole glass of water. You're an idiot x
-Bil

I put the paper down then pick up the pills she left out and the glass of water, swallowing the pills and finishing the whole glass. After it's all gone I sit in the bed for a few minutes, trying to muster up some energy so I can go to the bathroom and brush the taste of morning breath out of my mouth.

As I sit, I think back to last night, but I can't remember much. I remember seeing Billie with some guy, kissing a pretty girl who's name I don't remember and that's about it. I remember getting upset about something and drinking more, but I can't remember the details. After a certain point I can't remember anything, and it becomes evident that I must have blacked out. I haven't done that for a couple years, and I feel like an idiot for letting it happen again.

I was just so upset about all my feelings for Billie that when I saw her with that guy I drowned my sorrows in alcohol the way I did when I was at a really dark stage in my life.

The effect this girl has on me is insane.

I sigh and run my hand through my hair before forcing myself to get up and go to the bathroom. I grab my toothbrush that always stays at Billie's house because of how much I sleepover, and start brushing while I stare at myself critically in the mirror. I look like a damn mess, but it looks like I at least showered before passing out last night.

After I spit out I rinse my mouth then walk back into Billie's room, diving into her soft bed with a tired sigh.

I wish I remembered more of last night. Not remembering things always makes me anxious, what if I did something stupid or embarrassing? I at least want to know so I can try to fix it.

I turn my head to look at the door when it opens, smiling when I see Billie come in with a bag of what I assume is our breakfast.

"Hey, Bil."

She smiles when she sees that I'm awake. "How are you feeling?"

"Not the best but also not the worst."

She sits down on the edge of the bed and holds up the bag before saying, "I got your favorite."

I smile widely. "California omelet?" I ask excitedly and she nods, passing me the bag. "You're the best."

"I know," she says with a shrug and watches me as I open the bag eagerly. "How much of last night do you remember?"

I look up at her when she asks this, confused by something in her voice. It's written on her face too. Is she...nervous?

"Barely anything. There are flashes here and there but they don't really make much sense without context."

She visibly relaxes and I internally frown, wondering what could have happened that she'd want me to forget about.