Chapter 28

There's like a lil bit of smut so if you don't like that skip between the '***' symbols

Callie's POV

It's my last full day in Stockholm, which means it's my last full day with Billie for two months.

I'm trying not to think about that fact, but it's not working. I'm terrified that once I leave we'll start to drift apart again, and she'll end things like last time.

I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I'm also an insecure person.

"What're you thinking about?" Billie whispers and I turn my head to find her looking at me while her head rests on the pillow beside mine.

"How much I'm going to miss you," I say honestly and she pouts.

"I'm going to miss you too," she says with a sigh and snuggles closer to me. "It's going to be different this time. I'm not going to fuck things up again, I promise. I swear to god, I'm gonna call you so much that you get sick of me and tell me to fuck off," she says seriously and I laugh.

"I couldn't possibly get sick of you," I mumble and kiss her softly, smiling against her lips when she lifts her hand to cup my cheek and kisses me back.

We kiss slowly for a while, my hand rubbing her side while hers strokes my cheek before sliding into my hair.

Neither of us try to escalate it, both of us perfectly content with our fairly innocent but passionate make out session.

Eventually Billie pulls her lips away and rests her forehead against mine, our eyes fluttering open to meet each other's.

"I'm hungry," she whispers after a few seconds of silence and I laugh, pulling away from her.

"Let's get you some food then."

I peck her lips one more time then sit up, running my hand through my messy hair. Billie sits up too and I smile when I feel her press a sweet kiss to my shoulder.

We both get up and change into fresh clothes before heading down to the first floor to get the complementary breakfast.

"What should we do today?" I ask Billie before taking a bite of my waffles.

"I have a whole day planned for us," she answers and I smile excitedly.

We finish our breakfast fairly quickly then head out, already having everything we need for the day on our person.

We spend our day exploring the city together, hand in hand. It goes by like some cheesy movie montage, the kind you see in some mushy romcom. We visit famous sites and take lame touristy photos of each other then ask strangers to take pictures of us together, not for social media but for us. We hold hands as we walk down cobblestone backstreets and pick each other flowers when we wander through the park. She buys me a bracelet I saw in a window while we were walking through the city center. I didn't even say I wanted it, she just saw the way my eyes lit up and dragged me inside to get it. I buy her a cheap teddy bear wearing a crude T-Shirt from some street cart that she thought was hilarious because it's all I can afford. The price doesn't matter to her though, she said she'll cherish it, especially when she's on tour without me again.

We find some cute cafe on a quiet back street for lunch, and we sit outside in the warm sun while we eat, chat, and laugh as if we're not going to be pulled 5,000 miles apart again tomorrow.

We ran into a few fans throughout the day, but it was never annoying. They were all respectful, and now that we're out Billie doesn't have to act like we aren't together in front of people anymore.