Chapter 20

took me a hot second to figure out this chapter lmao

Callie's POV
3 weeks until tour...

"What if this is all a simulation?" Billie asks as she stares up at the sky, making me roll my eyes to myself, a small smile tugging at my lips because she just sounds so cute and full of wonder.

We're at our usual spot in the park near Billie's house, a couple blankets laid out for us to sit on. I sit criss cross facing the pond, while Billie lays on her back with her head in my lap.

We're a little bit high to be honest, having eaten some edibles after dinner before coming out here to wait for them to hit us.

An hour later we find ourselves here, Billie feeling it significantly more than I am.

"We're not going down this road again, baby," I reply and continue to run my fingers through her hair as her head rests in my lap. "You freaked yourself out last time."

"I was fine," she replies defensively and I shake my head in amusement.

"Sure you were."

I look down to see her glaring up at me, which makes me laugh. I poke her cheek gently, which makes her crack a small smile even though she's clearly trying to hold her glare.

"You're so pretty," I mumble and brush her cheek gently which makes her glare completely wash away.

"Stop being cute," she grumbles playfully and turns her head to look out at the water. "I hate that mushy shit."

"You're a fucking liar," I reply with a chuckle and stop playing with her hair so I can lean back on my palms.

"Who said you could stop?"

I roll my eyes again and move one hand back into her hair, massaging her scalp the way she always likes.

"You're so whipped," she teases and I smile, unashamed.

"Yeah."

We sit in a peaceful silence for a while, both of us looking out at the water as the cool night breeze rustles the leaves above us.

It's moments like these that I'm going to miss most while she's on tour. I'm going to miss being in this exact spot, doing absolutely nothing with the girl I'm crazy about right here with me.

"Callie?" Billie says quietly after a little and I look down at her. "I'm cold."

"Wanna cuddle?" I ask and she gives me a little smirk.

"I have an even better idea," she replies and sits up, straddling my lap and pressing her lips against mine before I even get a chance to react.

I start kissing her back and wrap my arms around her waist to keep her warm, pulling her even tighter against me as we kiss slowly and passionately.

"This was a much better idea," I mumble after a few minutes and she just kisses me deeper in response, her fingers tangling into my hair.

I hear a rustling in the bushes but I'm too engrossed in kissing Billie back to take much notice, not thinking anything of it as I rub her hips and move my lips with hers.

"Boo!" A voice suddenly shouts as a figure jumps out of the bushes, making Billie yelp and jump out of my lap while I shout and put my body in front of hers. "Yo! Were y'all just-"

"What the fuck, Matt?!" I shout when I see who it is, cutting him off. "That was scary as shit!"

I can feel my heart pounding in my chest, and not in a good way like it does when I look at Billie.