Chapter 11

Thank you bunches for 1000 reads! Special shout out to all the loyal voters and commenters who support every chapter, y'all really make me smile!

Callie's POV

It's Saturday now and I'm on my way to the party Billie insisted I come to. It sounds like it's going to be pretty big and pretty crazy, which I'm not really looking forward to.

I'm more a fan of kickbacks right now, especially with our usual group. As far as I know, none of them are coming tonight. I was bummed when Liam said he wasn't going because it's not going to be his scene, as in a hollywood party.

I don't think it's going to be my scene either, but Billie really wants me to go and I'm whipped so...here I am.

I haven't met most of Billie's friends from this part of her life so I'm nervous. I won't really know anyone, so if Billie goes off with other people I'll be alone and bored out of my mind, especially because I don't plan on drinking at all.

My lyft pulls up in front of a fairly nice house, but it's thankfully not as flashy as I was expecting. The owner definitely has money, but isn't flaunting it like crazy. I still would kill for a house like this, especially considering where I grew up.

I text Billie to say that I'm here as I walk up to the door. As soon as I open it I'm overwhelmed, smacked in the face with the strong smell of weed, spilled alcohol, and the sound of booming music playing through surround sound speakers.

There are people everywhere, the place is totally packed. Nobody knows this many fucking people, come on.

I keep checking my phone for a reply from Billie but it doesn't come. I sigh and weave through the hoards of people, keeping my eyes peeled for those familiar silver locks. No luck.

Great, this is the opposite of what I wanted tonight. All day I've been in a lazy mood, and all I want to do is read a book with some mac n cheese, not get pushed around in some packed house with hundreds of people I don't know.

After a while I give up on finding her and walk out into the backyard for some fresh air. It's loud out here too but being outside it's less overwhelming. It also doesn't stink like inside, and the people are more scattered than packed together.

I sit down on an empty sun bed, not in the right mindset to try and make any new friends. Billie still hasn't texted me back so I send another text that will hopefully get her attention if the first few didn't. Wishful thinking.

Twenty minutes later and still nothing from Bil. I groan and get up, deciding to try and find her again. I take a breath before walking back into the house. A few guys try to talk to me as I weave through the crowd but I ignore them, focused on one thing - Finding Billie.

And I do.

With a guy.

Making out in the middle of the living room like no one's watching.

She's in his lap and so can see their fucking tongues from all the way over here. It's like watching a train wreck, I can't look away even though it fills my stomach with dread.

Okay maybe I'm being hyperbolic with the whole train wreck thing, but it really fucking hurts.

I manage to tear my eyes away and push my way into the kitchen, needing a drink right now.

I grab the first bottle I see and pour myself a few shots worth into a red solo cup. As soo as I drink some a pull a face. Great, of course it's fucking tequila.

I'm in no mind to be picky though, so I down a bit more before leaning against the counter and sighing.

I feel so lame for letting what I saw have such an effect on me. She's not my girl, I have no right to be upset, but I am anyway. I miss being the one who got to kiss and touch her like that guy was doing.