Chapter 24: How can I become a better role model?

True role models are those who possess the qualities that we would like to have, and those who have affected us in a way that makes us want to be better people. They help us to advocate for ourselves and take a leadership position on the issues that we believe in. A good role model is someone who is always positive, calm, and confident in themselves. You don't want someone who is down or tries to bring you down. Everyone likes a person who is happy with their achievements, but continues to strive for bigger and better objectives. When you become a role model to someone, they will respect you more. They will trust you with anything and ask for your guidance in whatever situation they are going through. Even if you can't help them with their situations, they will be happy knowing that you were there for them. A good role model Communicate and interact with everyone. Good communication means listening as well as talking. People are energized by leaders who explain why and where they are going. Great role models know they have to have a consistent message and business plan, and repeat it over and over again until everyone understands. You shouldn't be afraid to be unique. Whatever you choose to do with your life, be proud of the person you've become, even if that means accepting some ridicule. You want role models who won't pretend to be someone they are not, and won't be fake just to suit other people. The Bible says in Titus 2:7-8, In all things show yourself to be an example of good deeds, with purity in doctrine, dignified, sound in speech which is beyond reproach, so that the opponent will be put to shame, having nothing bad to say about us. Good role models set examples for others to follow. Growing up, I've always looked up to my father as my role model. He is not afraid of anything that comes in his way. He's classified as a "Jack of all trades." That means there's nothing that he cannot do, and even if he can't do it, he will literally learn to do it and not depend on others to do it for him; I've always admire that about him. I mean, not everybody can say that their father are their role model, but you have the opportunity now to become someone else's. Even your very own in the future. Noticing your own personal improvement will allow you to recognize the essence of becoming a true role model. Thus, if you are asking the question, that may mean you are well along the road to being that role model already. Don't stop now!