Chapter 35: The Unconditional Love Of God

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (St. John 3:16) In order for us to develop the unconditional love of God, we must first practice and display the whole character of him. That means keeping his commandments, and doing the things that he would do when he was here on earth. God wouldn't want for us to hate our neighbors, neither would he want us to hate our enemies. God is a God of forgiveness, and just as how he forgives, so should we. He is the God of giving, and just as how he gives, so should we. He is the God of miracles, and just as how he works miracles, so should we. He said that he gave us power and dominion over everything that liveth and breathes on the earth. God is love, and if you have the love of God, then you have the unconditional love of him. It doesn't matter what you did in the past that you might think you will not be forgiven of. Or you think that he will love you less. His love is equal to everyone that seeks it. It doesn't matter your race. It doesn't matter your religion. It doesn't matter how old you are, or how rich you think you are. He loves us just the same, and that right there is the unconditional, undisputed love of God. There is nothing, absolutely nothing that you could have done that will allow him to love you less, or love you more. My mom would always tells us that if we think that God loves us more because we pay our tithes and offerings, or even if we give the last in our pockets, we are fooling ourselves. Of course he will bless us according to the things that we have done that are of him, but that doesn't mean he will love you more than how he loves the man that has nothing to give. It is rather the willingness and the love that bestows in your heart that will qualify you for the love of God. If your heart is not clean, how can you love others? And how can God love you? It is when you love others, that qualifies you for the unconditional love of God. You can't hate your brothers or you sisters and expect to be qualified for the unconditional love of God. Love others. Do good, and keep the commandments of the Lord; the unconditional love of God will be your reward.