Chapter 39: How do I prepare for the unexpected?

In life, we will never really know what might happen at what time, or at the location at which it might occur. Some persons might add by speaking from a logical point of view and say that it is impossible to truly prepare for the unexpected, but what if I tell you that there is a way that you can prepare for the things you have no clue that might happened? There are times when life seems easy and everything is working out just as desired. During these times, stress-ridden thoughts such as "how will I get through this?" or "what happens when....?" rarely enter our awareness and front-of-mind thinking. Proper and effective planning, however, mandates taking into consideration the "what if's" that happen when you're not expecting them. I am referring to potentially life-altering experiences that you rarely contemplate when everything is working just fine. One major way in preparing for the unexpected is by the making of good scenarios.
Scenarios are well-crafted narratives about the future that tell very different stories about what might happen. A few scenarios are usually enough to define a broad range of potential fates--though the more volatile your recent past has been, the broader you're going to need to think. Your focus should be on things you can't control or predict, in order to put some boundaries around the range of possible worlds you may have to deal with (whether you like it or not). Good scenarios provide competing intellectual windows on a complex phenomenon and challenge how you think about it. It is by the making of positive decisions in life, will you truly learn to prepare for the unexpected. That way you will know that something is supposed to take place, but you don't know when, where or at what point in time it will occur; yet the good thing about doing so is that you are prepared mentally for it.
Having a good sense of resilience is quite essential in the preparation of the unexpected.
Resilience is characterized by positivity and productivity. A resilient person will maintain a positive outlook on life and continue to believe that, even when life has handed you lemons, there is lemonade to be made. They will continue to present to the world with a positive attitude. You are much more likely to be accepted and welcomed by every community with which you interact when you present in this way. When people view you favorably, they are more likely to like you and present you with opportunities. Opportunity leads to more positive experiences, which further reinforces one's belief in resilience and their commitment to it.
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail."
In proverbs, it stated that, "the prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it." This simple means that a wise man will always prepare for what is to come, but the foolish will always suffer for it. It is up to you to know which are you. Are you a prudent person? or are you that simple man who believes that you can never be too prepared for the unexpected?