Chapter 34: Coping with grief and lost

Losing someone you love is the hardest thing to overcome. Especially if you and that person were really close. You feel emotionally and physically drained, and that will and motivation to move on is not there. Sometimes you wished you were the one who died instead of them. Coping with the loss of someone you love is one of life's biggest challenges. Often, the pain of loss can feel overwhelming. You may experience all kinds of difficult and unexpected emotions, from shock or anger to disbelief, guilt, and profound sadness. The pain of grief can also disrupt your physical health, making it difficult to sleep, eat, or even think straight. These are normal reactions to significant loss. But while there are no right or wrong ways to grieve, there are healthy ways to cope with the pain that, in time, can ease your sadness and help you come to terms with your loss, find new meaning, and move on with your life. When I lost my best friend right before my eyes, at first I didn't believe it was real. I was so angry at myself that I didn't do anything when those guys took advantage of him. Even though I literally couldn't. I'd be dead also. But the fact that I stood there and allowed that to happen to the person I confided in the most, I hated myself for it. For months I went without food or even talking to anyone. I isolated myself from the world, because I was to be blamed and I felt ashamed of the fact that I've let him down; I wasn't doing him any favor by doing all that. Yes I felt contemptible towards my own self about what happened, but I know that what I was doing, he wouldn't want me to do. I remembered vividly when he told me couple weeks before he died that, "life is not a Xbox or a PlayStation. It is real and if it so happens that I should lose any one of my closest friends or family member, I'd be sad, yes, but they'd want me to be happy." He was so vigilant to everything else around him, but he was literally blind to his own death. What I'm trying to say is, we don't know when we will lose the ones we love. We might have lost them already, but sitting down and blaming yourself for what you didn't cause is a waste of time. I'm not telling you not to cry. I'm not telling you not to feel emotional, but in all of that, allow yourself to be at peace by not blaming yourself for the actions of another, or even the natural causes of nature. The Bible said in Psalm 147:3 that he will heal your broken hearts, and bind up your wounds. Allow God to be your comforter in the times of your grieving days; only him can comfort your soul and give you joy and peace for tomorrow.