My Secrets, Your Questions

June, 2001

Terrence groaned checking his watch. Looking up at the building he needed to enter he frowned. Being in jail had opened his eyes, it made him think back to when things were simpler. To avoid hardcore prison time he agreed to 6 months of therapy. The BEST and WORST decision of his life. To have someone not only help you, but tell you about yourself was hard.

Things were being brought up that he hadn't even thought about in a while. Like how seeing his father go off to jail, his brother, then Taraji leave when they were young. All contributed to why he feels the need to control everyone. To make sure they can't leave, because leaving was his biggest fear. Separation was the farthest thing he wanted to go through.

His anger was something that he definitely needed to work on. Something to stop him from getting to the point of no return. He relied on Taraji to keep his beast at bay, without her during his marriage and through out those months he let it go free. Now that she was gone he had to find it in hiself to control it, he had no one to push the job off on. It was time he got back to him. The Terrence before the fame, before the money, before the kids. A man that had his head on straight and knew what he wanted.

There were some things brought up that he didn't like to talk about but had to. Particularly because he was given a title he didn't like, but had to realize it was true. After two weeks of therapy he was told he was a sex addict. Now under the simple term there were different types. Oddly enough it had to do with his anger. He was more prone to sexual activity when he was angry, he used it as crutch to deal with it. That wasn't always the case, but a majority of the time it was. Getting out of his car he headed in for his hour session.

Meanwhile in Chicago.....

Marcel put Heaven on his shoulders as he walked up stairs. She giggled holding on to his hands. They made it to Taraji's door busting in, Taraji jumped picking her head off the pillow.

"What the..." Her eyes widened as She watched Marcel toss Heaven on the bed. Taraji's heart dropped as Heaven giggled bouncing on the bed.

"Marcel! What I tell you about that!!!" She snapped sitting up, Heaven smiled hugging her mom.

"Mom get up. You promised we would go to the water park. Look at Hev she's ready, I'm ready...you're not." Marcel spoke showing off his swim trunks and his sunglasses. Heaven dressed in her red mini mouse one peice bathing suit. She groaned looking at the clock, she did promise him the first day of summer was gonna be spent at the water park.

"Get up, up, up Penda!" He spoke yanking the blanket off of her. She gave him a sad smile, the name and his smile bringing back those memories.

"Fine. I'm up, let me shower at least." She groaned, Heaven laid her head on her mom's shoulder just because.

"Have you eaten chunky monkey?" She asked Cel getting up, he nodded heading into her closet.

"We're doing a one peice." He blurted, Taraji rolled her eyes.

"No I'm not, move boy. I can where what I want. Now get out, be ready ready in an hour. Take your sister with you." She responded grabbing him by the ear and pulling him out of her closet. He huffed grabbing Heaven.

"Come on sissy, let's go waste more time cuz mom's slow." He spoke walking a way with a grin. He felt something hit him in the head and laughed.

"I'm just being honest!" He called out then took off before she could hit him with something else.

"Keep playing, you and that mouth boy!" She responded pulling out her chosen bikini.

Heading to the bathroom she got ready for this long day. After she showered and lotioned down she looked in the mirror. Lifting her hair she turned in the mirror looking at her new tattoo. It was a routine for her now. A beautiful Pheonix on her neck. She felt like she needed that fresh start and this desicion for a new tattoo went hand in hand.