Where We Belong

A week later.....

Taraji stretched stepping out of the car. Looking around she noticed Heaven asleep. Opening the back for she grabbed her child, seeing Terry talking to Marcel as they headed to the Bernice's front door. She smiled at that, he had been reclusive in his own thoughts lately. The stress from the impending court date had been the cause. Tomorrow they would find out if he was gonna get any rights of custody to his kids.

Heading inside she was greeted with her family eager to see them. A call wasn't the same as face to face. Waking up her little monster she got ready for the attitude Heaven would have, she needed to eat. Plus Taraji wasn't about to be up at 3 in the morning whipping nothing up because she suddenly woke up hungry.

"Heaven get up." Taraji spoke poking her daughter's side. Little giggles through a frowning face.

"Stop it..." Her small voice demanded. Taraji rolled her eyes keeping it up, Heaven opened her eyes the water works starting.

"I wanna sleep." She cried going limp in her mother's arms. Taraji almost dropped her from the sudden action.

"No more sleeping, it's time to eat." Taraji spoke sitting her down on the couch.

"Nooooooooo!" Heaven cried throwing a fit. Taraji rolled her eyes not in the mood.

"Rae, your mother said get up." A strong voice sternly snapped, Heaven whined getting up sniffling.

"Nope, dry them tears. Right now! Go wash your hands." Terrence ordered watching her walk off wiping her face. Taraji got up from her squatted position turning to face him. He gave her a small smile tugging her into his chest. Leaning down he tucked his head into her neck giving her a hug just because.

"Stop over thinking Dashon." She spoke her arms wrapping around his neck.

"I can't." He responded, his mind churning up every scenario where he wasn't granted custody.

"Yes you can. Terrence don't count yourself out. I know you're a great man, and a good father. Show them this, we're human we make mistakes. It's not about how you fall, it's about...."

"How you get up." He finished, she nodded kissing his cheek. He made a face at her.

"Give me a real kiss." He demanded, she stuck her tongue out resulting in him playfully nipping it. She smacked him while he laughed. Cupping her face he planted a deep loving kiss on her lips.

"Hey! None of that! No babies made in my house." Bernice spat at the two. Taraji pulled away and rolled her eyes.

"Just cause you grown don't mean I can't whup yo ass Taraji." Bernice stated.

"I got you mama." Terrence blurted then gave Taraji a hard smack on the ass. Taraji hissed through her teeth, feeling nothing but the burn of his hand. Bernice laughed as Taraji hopped around a bit from the pain.

"Come on you guys, were about to say Grace." Her mother announced shaking her head at the two.

"No get off me." Taraji snapped her hands pushing at his chest.

"Don't be like that." He chuckled, she glared at him for laughing.

"I'm not fucking you no more." Taraji threw out making him pause.

"Baby.....you serious?" He asked when he looked at her straight face.

"Yes I am. Move Dashon." She snapped heading into the dinning room, he scratched the back of his head and sighed.

"Yeah right?" He muttered to hiself, neither of them could fight the natural strong pull between them. Heading after he smiled, his mind off the case. It was nothing like family to make you forget about your troubles......or make the trouble.