Turn a Negative to Positive

June 2004

Marcel excitedly ran through the house, ready for this family summer trip. Since he couldn't get anyone to agree to Australia for the 3rd year, he decided to change things up. Getting Heaven, Hunter, and Terrence on his side, the family was taking a trip to Yosemite. Looking through his mom's things, he frowned. "Ma I'm not trying to be funny... but what are you going to do with 4 pairs of heels?" He asked, getting a glare from her. "Wear them. What else am i gonna do?" She said, going back to packing up an excessive amount of clothes.

"Pops can you tell mom that's none of this is necessary?" Cel questioned, taking a pair of heels out the bag everytime Taraji turned away. "I tried. She's not listening to me today," Terry said from the closet. "Both of you can leave me alone. Yall are lucky that this trip is even happening. All I wanted was to get pampered but instead we're off to find Yogi bear," she complained, smacking Marcel's hand as he tried to grab the last pair of heels in her suitcase.

"Well Aye booboo. We're gonna have ourselves a picnic and go hiking," Cel joked. Even Terry laughed at the impersonation. Brey stomped into the room, falling on the bed. "Do we really have to do this? How about me and mama go to Miami while yall get mauled by a bear?" She suggested, really hating the idea of being outside. "That sounds like a great idea. Let's do that instead," Raji threw out. "It's not a family vacation if the whole family doesn't go on this trip together. You two always get to choose the trips. I think this one will be fun," Cel argued.

Raji rolled her eyes and huffed. "Yeah yeah shut up. Let's get this over with," she groaned. Terry walked up, wrapping his arms around her. "It'll be fun Beloved. I'll make sure of that," he kissed along her neck. "No nasty time during this trip!" Brey blurted. "Yeah no humpty dance. Ain't no walls outside in the forest. We not trynna hear that. I think Hev saw enough for everybody," Cel spat, getting a hard slap from Terrence. "Go check on your brother and sister before I cancel this trip," Terry growled.

Cel jumped up, Brey following behind, dragging her feet. "Don't we always tell the kids to make the best out of the situatuon? Why can't you just try and enjoy this trip?" Terry asked, going back to kissing on Raji's neck. "Because I do not like being outside. You don't know what we can encounter out there. Bears, Bugs, MOUNTAIN LIONS! What if something attacks us?" She rambled off. "Baby. We will be fine. You got to relax in order to have fun. Your 4 year old is being more excited and 100 times more brave than you are. Stop being negative and come on," he smacked her ass, grabbing his suitcase.

Taraji groaned, closing her suitcase and going downstairs to meet her family. "Are you ready mommy!?" Hev and Hunter questioned at the same time. Raji put on a fake smile, nodding her response. The family piled into the car, making their way to the airport. A few hours later, they were at the park. "Why are we doing this!?" Brey whined, folding her arms across her chest. "Shut up and breath the fresh air," Cel snapped, letting the back windows down. "It smells like outside. What's spectacular about that?" Brey spat.

"You're not ruining this trip for me Nicole," Marcel said, taking in the scenery. "Now it's my only goal Dashon. Thanks for giving me a purpose," Aubrey's attitude perked up as she got out the car. The family got out, the boys unloading the car while Taraji tried to stop Hev from chasing a butterfly. "Let her have fun babe," Terry yelled out, tossing Cel one of the tents. She looked back, rolling her eyes at him. There was no way she was letting her baby run free through mother earth.

Watching Marcel and Terry bond while putting up tents, Raji and Brey both watched in boredom, swatting mosquitoes. "Ugggggghhhhhhhh. I can't do this! I'm sleeping in the car tonight," Taraji spat. "No you're not. You're going to spray yourself with some Off and then we're going exploring before it gets too dark," Terry told her. Heaven and Hunter helped put the sleeping bags inside the tents then grabbed their little backpacks, excited to roam through the park.