He's Not Family

The Next Week

Taraji sat on the bed in her hotel room, trying to decide what she was going to wear on the red carpet. This was her big debut. The moment she was truly revealed to Hollywood. She wanted to look sexy, but not boring like some of the legendary actors. Her phone rang as she stared at two outfits hanging in front of her. "Hello?" She answered sounding unfocused. "Penda, what are you doing?" Terry asked. She smiled to herself, thinking he called to wish her good luck on the movie.

"I'm trying to get dressed, but I can't choose what I want to wear. Why do you ask?" She stared at the long white skirt and matching tube top, feeling that choice a little more. "Getting dressed for what?" He blurted, making her focus shift again. "What do you mean for what? My movie premieres today. Isn't that why you called?" She questioned him, thinking that most likely he was joking. "Your movie? ...... Oh shit. Yeah I forgot, my bad. In that case, wear something sexy but not too revealing. You don't need to show the world your entire body in order to be known," silence spoke louder than anything as Taraji thought about her naked scene in the movie.

Yeah Terry popped up on the set after it was filmed and questioned if she was naked, but he didn't actually find out if she was. Now that the movie was out, he was about to see her in all her glory on the big screen. "I'll wear what I want Terry. What did you call me for anyways?" She hissed, finally choosing her outfit. "I just wanted to see what you were doing. Ma and Chris decided to take all the kids out so I'm bored," he yawned. "Welp that sucks for you doesn't it. I gotta get dressed. I'll talk to you when I fly back home," she says, abruptly hanging up the phone.

Letting out a groan, she didn't understand why she expected Terry to think about her and her accomplishments for a change. It was like she was setting herself up for failure by expecting something she'd never get. She got up, grabbing her black mini skirt and a butterfly halter. As she sat down to put on her heels, her phone rang again. "What Terry?!" She barked in the phone. "Wrong T Raji," Tyrese said. Her eyes bucked as she cursed herself for just dropping names.

"My bad Ty. Are you on the way to the premiere?" She quickly changed the subject before he went on his Terrence rant. "I'm about to go pick up my mom, then I'll be there. I just wanted to let you know that my agent felt it would be good if I brought a date. Since you refuse to be seen as anything more than friends, there will be another woman with me," he confessed, waiting on her answer. She hummed as she looked in the mirror one last time to check her hair and makeup.

"You're not mad are you?" He asked when she didn't verbally say anything back. "Boy, why would I be mad? We are just friends. Yeah you are something nice to look at, but that's all it is. I don't know why you even broke up with the last girl. At least then you wouldn't be walking the carpet with a stranger," she let out, truly not caring about Tyrese and his date. She was done with dating and dealing with relationships for a while. After the whole fiasco with Terry, she need a break from dick. This time she wanted to stick by her word and stay celibate.

He laughed at her DC accent coming out heavy. "Why you have to bring her up? You don't even understand what all I went through with her. That girl was hell," he said. "Yeah well. One thing I've learned in life is that every action has a reaction, so who knows what you did to make her crazy. Anyways, I'm about to head out. I'll meet you there?" She told him. "Yeah... see you there," he drug out before she hung up. Taking one last glance at herself, she smiled. "We did it girl. Without Terry, with 2 kids. We have made it to our breakout role. Let's go show the world who we are," she talked to herself.

Getting to the location, all the flashing lights were kind of intimidating to her. She never seen so many cameras and people gathered together, just to see a movie and praise the people who starred in it. Taking a few deep breaths, she got out of the car. Cameras turned towards her, photographers and fans screamed her name as she walked the carpet. It was a shock to her honestly. She didn't think anyone knew who she was, but apparently the small roles she took on left some type of impact.