No More Denial

Getting back from dinner, Brey walked upstairs to Taraji's room. She took a deep breath before knocking, knowing that this conversation could go either way. Either she was about to get cussed out and forced into a long lecture, or she was going to be shocked and concerned. "Come in Brey!" Raji yelled out. Aubrey's heart started beating extremely fast. She didn't know how Raji knew who was outside her door like that. "Hey mama...can we talk about something?" She softly asked. "Of course. Come here," Raji patted the bed as she scooted back towards the headboard.

Brey let out another heavy breath as she crawled onto the bed. Laying her head down, she rushed out her next thought. "I had sex with Court for the first time and I was bleeding afterwards and I don't know if I have an STD or that was supposed to happen. Please don't be mad," she said in 1 breath. Taraji just stared at her for a few minutes. It wasn't like with Cel. Brey was relatively the obedient and respectful child. She didn't know what to think or to say. "Why?" She finally asked. Brey looked up at her confused, not sure where this was going. "Why what?" She asked back before saying the wrong thing.

"Why did you decide to have sex today?" Taraji elaborated. Taking a moment, she knew that saying he was going to leave was not the right answer. She was almost certain that Marcel used his depression to get into Phire's pants and she didn't want Taraji thinking that Court did the same thing using his military decision. "I don't know. It just felt right. We haven't seen each other in so long and we picked up like nothing ever changed. I love him so much mama. It felt like it was time," she answered, her cheeks growing rosey red. "Mmhmm," Raji hummed, thinking back to the first time she and Terry had sex.

She remembered that day like it was yesterday. She felt like it was time as well when she finally said yes to him. She knew the feeling all too well. She couldn't be too mad, although she wished that the kids would've waited a little bit longer. "You don't have an STD. It's supposed to bleed but it won't last long. Does Courtland feel the same about you?" Raji questioned, taking off her engagement ring. Brey watched her closely, seeing where the ring would land. Seeing her put the ring onthw night stand and lotion her arms, she let out a breath she was holding. "Ummm I think so. I mean I'm pretty sure he does," she answered, not really sure.

"Well I think you should find out about that before continuing this type of relationship. I'd hate for you to get your heart broken. Also Brey, you need to tell Lori that you're having sex now. You're going to need well woman exams, condoms, birth control. This isn't a simple task for us women. We gotta do above and beyond things to make sure our bodies stay right," Raji explained. Aubrey nodded, taking in everything she was saying. Even though she had no intentions of having sex with anyone other than Courtland. Well no other guy at least.

Sensing some sort of sadness, Brey decided to ask the lingering question. "Daddy still hasn't called you?" She asked. "Nooooopppppee," Raji drug out. She was starting to no longer care. After thinking the worst case scenarios, nothing would be a surprise to her when it came time to discuss why he'd been avoiding her. "You know if you wanted to go out on a date, I'd keep it a secret. He'll never know," Brey suggested, meaning every word she said. Taraji gave a half smile then hugged her. "Thank you baby but I think I'm gonna stay to myself for a little bit," Taraji reassured her.

"Welp. Let me know if things change. Goodnight," Brey said, giving Raji a quick hug before running out the room. Once the door shut, Taraji grabbed the ring, placing it inside the nightstand. It felt weird not having it on, but she needed to let it rest until she at least heard from Terry herself. Marcel knocked on the door before she climbed under the covers. "So that's it? Just you need to make a doctor's appointment and use protection. I get threatened to get shipped to military school but Brey is bouncing around like she did a good deed," he complained.