Another Chance...Again

Raji sat on the bed, looking at Terry as he slept so peacfully. She wanted to wake him but her mind was running laps. She remembered the night perfectly and to be honest, she couldn't get over the flashbacks. She found herself smiling, then feeling guilty because this wasn't supposed to happen. She was done being weak for Terrence or at least thats what she told herself. Getting up, she went to the bathroom to do her hygiene. Looking at herself in the mirror, she saw a hickey on her neck. "Ugh I cannot let mama see this," she mumbled to herself.

The steam from the shower filled the bathroom, relaxing her sore body. She stood under the water, her mind drifting back to the impromptu session. So wrapped in her thoughts, the sound of the bathroom door opening wasn't heard. Terry stepped in behind her, wrapping his arms around her as he kissed her neck. "Good morning Beloved," he spoke onto her skin. "Good morning Terry," she let out a small moan, leaning into his chest. "What's on your mind?" He asked, knowing that she was heavily processing what happened.

"You know we can't do this again Terry. We were drunk and it was an emotional night. We can't just fall into bed with each other because of that," she said, enjoying the way he rubbed his hands over her body. "I know but can we just enjoy this right now? When we leave this room, everything is back to normal. I promise. Let me please you one time," he begged, trailing kisses down her spine. She shivered from his touch, knowing she should say no. She spun around, looking down into his eyes as he placed one of her legs on his shoulders before he dove in.

The sound of her moaning carried throughout the room. Someone knocking being muffled by the loud noises. Bernice stood on the other side, windering why Taraji wasn't answering her. Calling her phone, she still got no answer. She looked in her wallet and pulled out the key card to get inside. She gasped when she saw all the torn clothes scattered around the room. The bed that appeared to need some TLC. As she continued to tour the room, she heard her daughter cry out. "I know damn well she... oh my goodness," Bernice whispered as she opened the door.

The steam covered the glass door but she could still tell that it was Terry in the shower with her daughter. She backed up, putting Taraji's phone on the charger before leaving the room. She'd have a talk with her later. A couple more hours passed, Terry ordered up some food for them before heading back to his own room. "I really do still love you Terry," Raji whispered to him. "Yeah but I'm no good. I hurt you too much. I know," she picked at her plate, her silence reassuring him that his response was true. "You know if I could, I'd go back in time and do everything right. I'd be the man that you wanted and needed me to be," he continued.

"We can't live in the past Terry. What's done is done. How do we go forward?" She asked, a sparkle in her eyes as she looked to him. "That's where mama would come in and help me," he chuckled. Taraji gasped as she remembered that she and her mother were supposed to be flying back to Atlanta. She jumped up, looking for her phone. "Shit! I gotta catch my flight in an hour!" She hissed, grabbing all her things and throwing them in her suitcases. Terry helped her get her stuff together, double checking that she's didn't leave anything behind.

Before she stormed out the door, Terry grabbed her, pulling her in for one last kiss before they head back to reality. Raji melted in his arm, the taste of his lips intoxicating. When he pulled away she stared at him, not wanting to leave the room. The sound of another door opening and closing made her walk away. Bernice stood waiting for her daughter. "It's about time you got up. Did you eat something other than the milk Terry had to offer?" Bernice asked, making her way to the elevator. Raji gawked at her mother, not sure whether she should lie anyways.

"Didn't I tell you about this?" Bernice snapped. "We were drunk mama. That's it. Nothing else is going on from here," Taraji swore up and down. "Oh so you were drunk this morning too huh," Bernice sarcastically asked. "Yes ma'am," Raji lied. "Lie again and I will whoop yo ass right here. You not too old for a beating," Bernice threatened. "It's done mama. We're done. It never happened okay. He came to honor me and that was it," Raji said. "Yeah he honored you alright. You are now honored to be his mistress again," Bernice spat.