• Chapter 1.2 •

Human Enhancement

Samantha waited over the walkway, seeing the man in the red, white, and blue suit with a smirk over her face

Samantha waited over the walkway, seeing the man in the red, white, and blue suit with a smirk over her face. "Watch your language." She teased, the man rushing past her while she followed by his side.

"Not you too." He mumbled and the brunette rolled her brown eyes. She showed him the way towards the lab, running into the halls as he was looking for anyone to walk by.

And as they turned the corner, there was Dr. Strucker, the one who created the woman in the first place. "Baron Strucker. Hydra's number one thug." Steve pointed out, the doctor looking over the brunette by his side.

"Technically, I'm a thug for SHIELD. And you should be dead for lying to the people who made you who you are today." He stated, spitting at the ground by her feet as she clenched her jaw.

"More like the people who tortured me everyday for ten years of my life." She told him angrily.

"Well, technically you're unemployed. Where's Loki's scepter?" Steve asked.

Strucker sighs while Samantha was prepared for anything he was going to do. "Don't worry, I know when I'm beat. You'll mention how I cooperated, I hope." He said, looking over a woman who was walking behind the two.

"I'll put it right under 'illegal human experimentation'. How many are there?" He asked, the girl using her power to knock down Steve as he stumbled down the stairs.

Samantha flipped out of the way, kicking the young woman in the stomach while she landed on the ground in a crouched position. "Steve!" She yelled, only for the doors to close in front of her as she glared at the woman. "You can stop this." She warned the girl, but she just used her power to knock Samantha against the concrete walls, knocking the air out of her lungs.

"We have a second enhanced. Female. Do not engage." Steve said through the com as the woman tried to gulp down air.

"Yeah, I won't engage." She muttered, leaning her head on the wall as the girl was gone.

"Guys, I got Strucker." Steve stated, getting ready to pry the doors open to help Samantha up.

"Yeah, I got something bigger." Tony stated, Samantha coughing as she held her ribs, Steve hearing them pop back in place.

"Gotta love instant healing." She told the man as he smiled.

"Thor, I got eyes on the prize." Tony said, the woman walking up behind him and using her power to work inside his mind.

He saw that he was in space, the sweat dripping down from his forehead in fear as he saw his team killed in front of him.

The Hulk was trying to get up, struggling with the spears in his back as he was paralyzed from the waist down. Natasha next to him, her head split open and eyes wide with no life in them. Clint has his bow and arrow in hand, his body beaten. Thor laying down with his hammer just out of reach while Steve was next to him, his shield split apart as Tony then found the one who he loved.

Her blonde locks sprawled across the rocky ground as he rushed to her, holding her body close to his. "Esmeralda." He muttered softly, the girl bleeding from her nose as her body looked fragile and pale.

She gasped in pain, opening her eyes to see tears in them. "You could have saved us." She whispered, gurgling up blood and dying in front of him as his eyes were tearing up.

"Why didn't you do more?" Her voice raced across his mind. The low screeched of the chituari army followed as he saw the portal opened wide for them to head to earth.

Wanda saw his vision, her eyes wide as she walked away and felt the fear Tony had.

He then held his hand out, allowing the metal suit to appear as he grabbed the scepter. After the long day, Samantha was laying near Steve, her head on his chest while looked down a her, seeing the bruises finally healed while she was trying to fall asleep.

"Thor, report on the Hulk." Natasha asked, Thor smiling.

"The gates of Hel are filled with the screams of his victims." Thor said proudly as Samantha snorted, hearing Banner groan softly.

Natasha gave the blonde a look while his eyes widened. "But not the screams of the dead, of course. No, no, wounded screams. Mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and gout." He told the man while Samantha looked to Steve.

"Thor is so smart." She teased while the god hit her shoulder lightly.

"Hey, Banner, Dr. Cho is on her way in from Seoul. Is it okay is she sets up in your lab?" Tony asked the man as he nods his head.

"Uh, yeah, she knows her way around." Bruce stated, Tony looking back towards the sky.

"Thanks. Tell her to prep everything. Barton's going to need the full treatment." Tony said to his PA system.

"Very good, sir." Jarvis told him.

"Jarvis, take the wheel." He told the system while Tony got up and looked over the scepter. "Feels good, yeah? I mean, you've been after this thing since SHIELD collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but..." Tony stopped as Thor smiled.

"No, but this..." Thor started, looking to Samantha who closed her eyes, resting from her healing process. "This brings it to a close."

"As soon as we find out what else this has been used for. It wasn't just mean weapons. Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?" Steve asked while he looked down at Samantha.

"Banner and I will give it the once over before it goes back to Asgard. Is that cool with you?" Tony asked the god. "Just a few days till the farewell party. You're staying, right?" Tony asked.

"Yes, yes of course. A victory should be honored with revels." Thor stated.

"Yeah, who doesn't love revels? Captain?" Tony asked the man.

"Hopefully this puts an end to the Chitauri and HYDRA. So, yes, revels." The Captain said happily, looking down at Samantha.

<>•<>•<>•

Awww, some cute fluff with Steve and Samantha. These two are not a couple, but really good friends... for now. Please leave a comment, vote, and follow! Thank you so much!

( Word Count 1069 )

| Edited |