• Chapter 1.4 •

No Strings

Holding the glass in her hand, she looked over Thor who was pouring the ancient alcohol in her cup as she made a disgusted face

Holding the glass in her hand, she looked over Thor who was pouring the ancient alcohol in her cup as she made a disgusted face. She looked over the golden liquid and Steve furrowed his eyebrows. "Will this actually make me feel something?" She asked Steve, her blood coursing with the same serum that was running in Steve's. Slight differences where there, HYDRA repeating the same injection that was used on Steve as he figured the girl was like him, stuck at the age of twenty three forever. The girl looked to Thor while the two super soldiers could never experience the feeling of being drunk, but maybe with Asgardian liquor she could feel something to take the edge off.

"I have no idea. It smells..." Steve layer to take a whiff and his nose burned as he pulled away quickly. "Like rubbing alcohol." He coughed, the girl giggling and looking up to Thor.

"I got to have some of that." An old man said to Thor, the man looking at him and laughing.

"Oh, no, no, no. See this..." Thor pointed out, showing off the alcohol. "This was aged for one thousand years in the barrels built from the wreck of Grunhel's fleet. It is not meant for mortal men." Thor told them.

"Neither was Omaha Beach, blonde. Stop trying to scare us. Come on." A veteran stated, letting Thor give him a glass.

"All right." Thor stated, waiting to see what would happen.

After he took the drink, two men had to carry him out. "Excelsior." He slurred, leaving Steve and Samantha chuckling. The brunette's eyes caught sight of Bruce and Natasha flirting, the girl jabbing Steve in the ribs.

"Look at that." She teased while he chuckled, seeing Natasha leave and the two walked over to him. "Look at you go, Banner." She laughed.

"It's nice." Steve said, leaning against the bar.

"What is?" Bruce stammered, the brunette rolling her eyes.

"You and Romanoff." Steve pointed out.

"No, we haven't..." Bruce said, getting up quickly. "That wasn't..."

"It's okay. Nobody's breaking any by laws. It's just she's not the most open person in the world. But with you she seems very relaxed." Steve told him, Samantha smiling.

"It's cute." She whispered.

"No. Natasha, she just..." He tried to think of an excuse. "She likes to flirt." Bruce stated.

"I've seen her flirt, up close. This ain't that." Steve told him while Bruce scoffed. "Look, as maybe the world's leading authority on waiting too long, don't. You both deserve a win." Steve told him, Bruce taking in his advice while Samantha looked to Steve.