• Chapter 1.14 •

Avengers Assemble

Tony was driving towards the new avengers base, his orange car creating dust on its trail while he saw the carrier land next to it

Tony was driving towards the new avengers base, his orange car creating dust on its trail while he saw the carrier land next to it. What he didn't know was when he walked inside, a blonde was there, waiting for him with her suit of gold plating shining in the afternoon light and a her eyes gleaming with a green hue as she looked over Samantha who was sleeping soundly on the bed, Steve holding her hand while Esmeralda smiled.

"She'll be fine Steve, her vitals are stronger than I've ever seen them. They match your's now." She told him honestly, Steve smiling at the woman.

"Thank you." He told the warrior, the girl smiling while she saw a door open and Tony walked in, his head low as he was mumbling on the phone with someone.

She smirked wickedly, Steve catching this as the girl quickly went invisible for a moment while Tony went up to Steve. "So, how is the little soldier?" He asked, them feeling hands wrap around him as Esmeralda showed herself as her long blonde hair hit his face.

His eyes widened as he turned around quickly and hugged the woman for dear life. "Never leave again." He told her, digging his face into her neck while she smiled happily.

"I would never, the power stone is safe now. I have no reason to go back." She told him, blinking away her tears while he cupped her face and kissed her, not caring if anyone saw. Fuck them, he hasn't seen her in a year.

She chuckled, pulling away while she looked to Steve. "So, you were saying Tony built a murdering super bot?" She asked while glaring slightly at her boyfriend.

Tony's face went red while he rubbed the back of his neck. "I mean, something like that happened." He muttered while Esmeralda pulled him along.

"How many time do I have to tell you artificial intelligence is not a good idea? I don't even know how to make it and I know it's bad!" She yelled at him while Steve chuckled, looking back down at Samantha who's eyes fluttered slightly.

"Steve?" She asked, yawning while coughing slightly. "What happened? Did we win?" She asked, the man nodding his head.

"Of course we won." He whispered, patting her hair down while she grinned. "You scared me out there." He told her.

She frowned slightly, looking into his blue eyes. "I lied out there, today." She whispered, Steve furrowed his eyebrows when he heard this. "When I said that I wanted to protect the planet, I didn't mean it." She told him, smiling slightly. "I wanted to protect you."

He smiled at this, the man leaning closer to her while he pressed his lips against her own in a chaste kiss. "You don't have to protect me." He stated, the girl rolling her eyes.