• Chapter 1.6 •

Fears

The elevator was heading up, the Avenger Tower still destroyed after the attack of Ultron and Maria, Samantha, and Steve we're walking out of the elevator as the doors slide open

The elevator was heading up, the Avenger Tower still destroyed after the attack of Ultron and Maria, Samantha, and Steve we're walking out of the elevator as the doors slide open. "He's all over the globe. Robotics labs, weapons facilities, jet propulsion labs. Reports of a metal man, or men, coming in and emptying the place." Maria told the two, Steve looking over the agent.

"Fatalities?" Steve asked.

"Only when engaged. Mostly guys left in a fugue state going in about old memories, worst fears, and 'something too fast to see'." She listed off.

"Maximoffs. That means that he'd go to them. They had someone in common." Steve told them.

"Not anymore." Maria said, showing the two a tablet of a picture of Strucker who was killed, blood smeared on the wall to a word of Peace.

Samantha looked over to Clint, looking to see he was on the phone with someone as she cleared her throat. "Clint, a word." She muttered while he looked over.

"Might have something." Steve said while Clint hung up.

"I gotta go." He muttered and put his phone into his pocket.

"Who was that?" Steve asked.

"Girlfriend." He answered and the trio walked towards the lab.

"What's this?" Tony asked while Steve passed around the tablet.

"A message. Ultron killed Strucker." Steve told them.

"And he did a Banksy at the crime scene, just for us." Tony muttered, showing Bruce the picture.

"This is a smoke screen. Why send a message when you've just given a speech?" Natasha asked angrily.

"Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss." Steve stated, Natasha digging around Strucker's files.

"Yeah, I bet he..." she then sighed. "Yeah. Everything we had on Strucker's been erased." Natasha told them.

"Not everything." Steve said, the team then sorting through old files.

"When you told me I was becoming an avenger, shuffling through files wasn't part of the idea." Samantha muttered.

"Known associates. Baron Strucker had a lot of friends." Steve said while Samantha rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, by a lot you mean agents who did his dirty work." She said, remembering her time spent at HYDRA.

"Well, these people are all horrible." Bruce said, looking through the file.

"Wait. I know that guy. From back in the day. He operates off the African coast. Black market arms." Tony said, passing the picture around while Steve gave him a look. "There are conventions. All right? You meet people. I didn't sell him anything. He was talking about finding something new, a game-changer. It was all very Ahab." He said, showing off a picture of Ulysses Klaue.

Samantha tilted her head, seeing a gold blob in one of the pictures as she looked closer. "Does anyone else see a... cat?" She asked, squinting her eyes.

"No, it's just the light." Thor told her while she shrugged her shoulders. "This?" Thor asked.

"Ah, it's a tattoo, I don't think he had it." Tony told him.

"Those are tattoos, this is a brand." Thor showed, seeing a picture of an ironed mark over his neck.

"Oh, yeah. It's a word in an African dialect meaning 'thief'. In a much less friendly way." Bruce stated.

"What dialect?" Steve asked.

"Wankanada." He stuttered, looking over it again. "Wakanda." He fixed while the brunette woman looked to Steve.

"I've heard about Strucker speaking about this mythical legend." She said, only for Tony to stop her.

"We are not discussing legends." He told her. "If this guy got out of Wakanda with some of their trade goods..." Tony paused, shaking his head and crossing his arms.

"I thought your father said he got the last of it." Steve said.

"I don't follow. What comes out of Wakanda?" Bruce asked while Samantha looked to Steve's shield.

"The strongest metal on Earth." Tony said.

"Where is this guy now?" Steve asked, Tony tracking down the man's location.

Samantha stopped Steve by grabbing his arm as she dragged him away slightly. "If Ultron gets the Vibranium, he will be indestructible." She told him as he took a deep breath.

"I know, Sam." He said, trying to understand what she was trying to say.

"The problem with stopping him is that he has the Maximoffs, the little witch who can get inside our heads. Don't you think that will be a problem?" She asked while Steve shrugged his shoulders.

"We don't have time to discuss about this, we just need to get to Klaue first." He said while walking away as the girl swallowed thickly.

She had a bad feeling about Wanda Maximoff, the teenager who basically could get into her mind and let her see her worst fear.

Her worst fear was half of her life being locked away, starved for the majority of her life and lost in a cell for no one to find. She was scared just thinking of what could happen.

But she was going to find out anyway.

<>•<>•<>•

Little inside for my up and coming book... please leave a comment, vote, and follow! Thanks very much!

( Word Count 844 )

| Edited |