Ch. 14

Blaise was rather enjoying how nervous Ginny was, and he didn't fail to notice that she was leaving a large space between them as they made their way to the Astronomy tower. The first ten minutes or so of their trek was spent in silence, but soon Blaise decided that it was better to get her talking than to continue in the silence.

"Did you end up deciding on trying out for the Harpies?" He asked, giving her a smile.

"Not yet," She answered shortly, avoiding his eyes.

He waited for her to continue, and when she didn't say anything else he asked, "May I ask what's holding you up from deciding?"

Chewing on the inside of her cheek, she debated whether or not to tell him the truth. Finally with a sigh she said, "It's somewhat complicated."

"How so?" He asked, giving her a confused look. "You either try out or you don't."

They began walking up the stairs and Ginny noticed that he continued to cast glances towards her, waiting for her to respond.

"I know it may seem that easy," She started slowly, looking at him. "But there's a bit more that goes into the decision."

"Like what?" He asked curiously.

"Well, there's the fact that I don't even know if I want to pursue quidditch as a career yet," She said.

"Is there anything else that you're interested in?" He asked, looking down at her.

"Well..." She trailed off, thinking. "...No."

He smirked at her. "Next reason."

She blinked, looking away with a frown. "Okay...I might not make it onto the team."

"Unlikely," He scoffed. "And not a good enough reason to not try out. Next."

She scowled at the stairs in front of her. "Well, say I do make it. Quidditch is going to be my life then; I might not have time for anything else."

"And that's a problem?" He asked, looking down at her again with a smirk. "You said you don't really have any other career interests and as far as I'm aware, your only hobby is quidditch already so I don't see it standing in the way of anything."

"Well, I'll be pressured to stay in shape all the time."

"Considering you're already an athletic person, I don't see that being difficult for you," Blaise replied.

"I'm going to be travelling all the time-"

"Seeing new places and having new experiences," He interrupted, smirking again at her again. "I hear that's rather good for one's health."

"My brothers will all be jealous-"

"From what I've heard they're all excelling in their particular careers so I doubt they'd be jealous of yours," He said smugly.

She huffed at him and paused on the stairs. "Stop doing that!"

"What?" He asked, turning around to face her from a few steps above. "Proving all of your excuses wrong with reasoning?"

"Yes!" She exclaimed.

The word echoed throughout the stairwell and she was fuming, only made angrier by the fact that he continued to smirk at her. He tilted his head to the side after a few moments and said, "When you give me a real reason as to why you shouldn't try out, then I will concede and let you win."

She huffed as she pushed past him, opening the doors to the tower as he followed her happily. The open tower was much colder than Ginny had anticipated and she tried to hide the fact that she was starting to shiver as she quickly looked around the tower.