Ch. 41

"Hey, Pans?"

Pansy hummed questioningly in response without opening her eyes as she enjoyed the sun beaming down on her. The three girls decided to get some sun away from the boys and promptly set up a small space for them to lay on the sand in front of the cabins while Pansy had shooed their significant others away. Needless to say, the boys pouted the entire time but reluctantly left them alone.

"Can you please adopt me so I can have an island?" Ginny asked, turning her head slightly to grin at her.

Pansy laughed and rolled over onto her stomach with her head in her arms. "I'm sure I can arrange something!"

"What about me?" Hermione asked, leaning up slightly from Ginny's other side to look at the two of them. "I want an island too!"

"Just ask Draco for one," Ginny said, giving her a sly grin. "I'm sure he would drop anything to get you the world."

Hermione's cheeks flushed slightly and she laid back down on her towel and muttered, "I don't want him to do that."

"You know he would though," Pansy said, smiling over at Hermione.

Without answering, Hermione rolled over onto her stomach and sighed, stretching her limbs. "I never thought I would consider living anywhere other than London, but this place is definitely becoming more of a possibility."

"See, running away can be fun!" Ginny said, nudging Hermione's shoulder playfully.

"I never said it wouldn't be fun," Hermione retorted. "I just said it doesn't help solve problems!"

She laughed then as Ginny flicked some sand at her and Pansy propped herself up on her elbows, tilting her sunglasses down slightly to peer over at Hermione. "And what would you do about Draco if you decided to run away?"

"Well, I..." Hermione trailed off as she realized that she hadn't thought about that. What would she do about Draco? Frankly, she hadn't considered how long their relationship would last until that point.

Ginny sat up and leaned back on her hands as she waited for Hermione's answer. "That's a good question, actually. What's going to happen once we all leave Hogwarts?"

"Well, I know Theo and I are going to stay together," Pansy smiled. "However, I'm more curious about what the two of you are going to do."

Hermione looked over at Ginny. "Are you going to stay with Blaise?"

"What kind of question is that?" Ginny suddenly was fidgeting with her hands nervously and avoiding looking at the two of them. "Are you going to stay with Draco?"

"If he wants to," Hermione answered shyly, trying to hold back a smile.

Pansy grinned. "I think he wants to. They're both absolutely smitten over the two of you."

"This is kind of a deep subject to talk about while we're supposed to be relaxing," Ginny said, raising an eyebrow at Pansy.

"I'm just curious to see what you two had planned," Pansy shrugged. "I mean, these don't really seem like just typical school relationships."

Hermione and Ginny both stared at her in silence before looking at each other. Pansy simply chuckled and laid back down onto the towel with a sigh, smiling to herself.

 Pansy simply chuckled and laid back down onto the towel with a sigh, smiling to herself