Chapter 10: Hot

It's hot out here. Summer is just beginning and I wish I put on clothes more suited for it. I'm an everyday dumbass.

I'm wearing jeans, sneakers, and a jacket. There's nothing wrong with my jacket but I'm only wearing a tank top underneath it and these dudes have been thirsty as hell. Over the past few days of walking and stuff my clothes are all dirty and I feel like shit.

Jack, sweet little adorable Jack, is weird as all loving fuck. He's grown unnaturally since the first time I saw him. He looks like 3 years old, which is weird since he looked only 1 previously. Definitely some sort of alien baby or something. I hadn't noticed it before but, during the day we were at the house he had grown a little then. I was just too distracted to realize.

Cameron said we're halfway to his family's bunker and it's been about a week of walking, so by tomorrow we should be there. Then again Cameron's a fucking liar because damn near a week ago he said we were halfway there.

 Apparently his family has money, and I guess rich people have bunkers.

Pharaoh has been giving me glances ever since our conversation and honestly, the weather isn't the only thing hot out here.

"Dasana" That was Jack.

"What the fuck!" That was me.

Jack just said my name, what in the actual fuck. I didn't think he could talk yet, yeah he's walking on his own but he hadn't said a word the entire time I was with him.

"Dasana, I sleepy." We've all been taking turns carrying him until the end of Pharaoh's turn where he decided to walk a little. Weird ass baby.

He puts his tiny arms up to me and I pick him up, it was a bad idea to let the poor baby walk that long, I honestly just forgot. I'm such a forgetful dumbass. I have to take better care of him because he's my responsibility, of course we're all going to pitch in but I feel like I have to take care of him. 

It's just this feeling like, if it's not me, he won't be okay. After I killed those alien soldiers he seemed eager to get back to me, even though he hadn't been with Cameron for that long. He can't be older than 3, but when he called my name he said it so clearly, and not using the correct grammar seemed almost forced. Like thinking of how a toddler would pronounce it, and forcing it out. Lil dude is definitely an alien hybrid baby.

They don't talk that much, Cameron and Pharaoh. But when they think I don't notice I see them whispering. The fuck are y'all whispering about? 

Whenever they notice me seeing them whisper they argue and if I talk to one the other quickly interjects and then they ignore me and start arguing. It's a vicious cycle honestly, but now I can talk to Jack when he wakes up from the nap he's taking on my shoulder.

I reach out for Pharaoh's mind with mine. We've been quite connected ever since our first meeting, even if he threw me off with talking about marriage when we'd known each other for like a day.

Hey, Pharaoh.

Yes, my beautiful radiant queen?

I roll my eyes at what he responded with.

Can you hold Jack, I've been holding him for an hour and he's getting heavy.

Of course love, I'm surprised you didn't ask me sooner, I know you wanted to.

He takes Jack away from me and cradles him in his arms. From the day I've been with him he's been so caring and kind, not to mention handsome as fuck. 

We're almost to the bunker and I think I've made my decision about going with him, the only complication would be Jack and Cameron. I know Jack would want to go with me, but with Cameron and Pharaoh's pettiness it doesn't sound like a good idea.