Chapter 22: Catch

"Okay I know I let you in here and everything but, back up."

It's been a few weeks since we've talked and everything, and James has barely left me alone since.

Truthfully I love the attention but right now, I had wanted some alone time, just to meditate or I don't know, breath.

I'm regretting letting him come in here, again. 

He has a way of charming the shit out of me, he gives me the purple puppy dog eyes and I'm a sucker.

I told him his name was basic and he asked what I meant. I told him basic was earth slang for unique.

Thankfully no one else on this planet knows actual earth slang, besides Captain Jaquan and my little army. I taught them while we were in the ship.

It's weird, the way they talk, because they don't sound American, but they don't sound like they have any particular Earth accents either. I guess it makes sense because they aren't from Earth

Plus they sure as hell don't understand my slang.

Right now James and I are lying on my comfortable ass bed, at first we were chilling throwing around a small ball.

When after he catches the ball, he climbs on top of me.

"Like you cute and all bu-"

"Dasana why don't you want me?"

Damn that voice, and he all close. With an arm on either side of me I'm caged in and he leans a bit closer so his hair is framing our faces. 

He looks me in the eyes and moves a braid to the side.

"What are you talking about?"

"You said it yourself, I'm basic, and handsome, and you... you are so much more than I initially expected. These past few weeks have been amazing with you. Jack is like a brother to me now, and I've never felt this way about anyone else."

His eyes are staring me deep in my soul, and if I look close enough I swear I can see the galaxy in them.

"I like you, I do, but I don't know if I want to marry you. Yes you're awesome, but I'm also awesome and I don't think I could just stay on this planet when I know there's literally a universe full of life."

I grab the sides of his face and pull him a little closer, "I would be with you if I could take you with me, but you have to run the kingdom."

"I'll go with you, fuck the kingdom. You've taught me so many new things Dasana, I have to be with you."

We take a moment and look at each other, his eyes on my lips, and mine on his. I lean up and kiss him. Damn, his lips soft.

His hair frames our faces, and I put my hand further into his hair pulling him even closer.

He deepens the kiss and pushes me further into the bed.

Then there's a knock on the door. We pull apart for a second and look at the door. He leans back in, intending to ignore the door but I roll from under him and go to answer it.

Opening it I see teenage Jack, he looks about 16 and thinks he's the shit.

"Dasana can you make me a hoodie? You know, one from earth and not the weird shit they have here?"

"Jack you were on Earth for 2.5 seconds, you've been here longer than you were there. Why don't you like the clothes?"

"On the phone you gave me, I've been on Insta."

Jack has some strange abilities of his own, but mostly he's just strongly connected to Earth. He's like walking wi-fi. I could make a call around him and it would go straight to Earth.

"So who the hell you tryna impress on Insta?"

He's quiet for a moment.

"Jack you better not be trying to flirt with the Earth girls, don't make me take the phone."

"But why? You know I get the hoes."

"But not Earth hoes, we all know earth girls are easy but, not all long distance things work. And I think this is about as long distance as it gets."

He rolls his eyes and turns to leave.

"Wait." He turns back toward me and huffs.

"Here." Then I give him the orange sweatshirt I just made. It's his favorite color.

He smiles brightly and gives me a hug.

"Damn don't kill me."

He chuckles and let's go.

"Ard sis, I'm gone."

"Two's hoe." I throw up the peace sign and close my door.

James is sitting on the edge of the bed with an amused smile on his handsome face.

"You know you spoil him, right?"

"Shut up and kiss me again."

And he obliges. I don't think I've been happier.

______________________________________________________