Chapter 13: Discovery

"Excuse me?"

I'm sorry, I believe I have something in my ears.

Rubbing my ears and hopefully clearing whatever was in them out, I lean slightly closer to Pharaoh to make sure I heard him correctly.

"You, are a princess."

Yeah that's what I thought he said at first. No way in hell am I about to be the princess of some alien kingdom. Soon as I get there they are probably going to kill me.

Jack walks into the room after 5 minutes of me sitting in stunned silence. Pharaoh was silent while letting me process this information, but as Jack comes in I seem to snap out of it.

"Jack" I called out to the fast growing little boy, who clearly is still my favorite in the house. He was walking towards the couch by the window not even paying attention to us, but stopped when he heard me call his name.

"Yes?"

It's still strange hearing him talk knowing that not too long ago he still needed his diaper changed, now he can go on his own.

"Come here please."

As I wait for Jack to walk over I turn to Pharaoh.

"Can you step out, and if you find Cameron tell him to come here."
He nods and turns to leave, but before he walks out the door he slightly turns toward me.

"I'm still here, okay? I won't abandon you because you know the truth." He exits the room and closes the door behind him.

Now that I know why they are here and the entire reason my family died is because of me, I feel guilty. I don't care what my super great grandmother was, long story short but that shit had nothing to do with me.

If they were going to come invade I would've preferred them at least not killing most of the world. 

How the fuck did they even trace that lineage when they didn't even know she was gone at first? I'm assuming she wouldn't be in their system or whatever, something about this still doesn't seem right. 

I should go through his mind and find the truth, I just have to figure out how.

At this point Jack is already on the bed, waiting for me to say something. Turning to him I take a deep breath to prepare myself for what I know is going to be another hard conversation.

I can tell Jack is more than meets the eye, he's just playing dumb for everyone else.

"Jack, sweetie, I need you to be honest with me, okay? What exactly do you know?"

He looks as if he's contemplating and finally decides to shrug his shoulders and say "Everything."

Shocked by his statement, I ask what he meant. He looks me in the eyes, and pronounces slowly.

"Dasana, I know everything that you know, and what you think you don't."

"Have you always known? How do you know? Jack, who are you?"

At my last question he smiles and shrugs his shoulders.

"I'm just Jack, and I just know stuff."

I don't know what to say.

"Dasana, you're like my mother, or protective older sister, and I care about you a lot."

"Thanks honey, I'm not sure what the hell is going on but I'll still do my best to protect you."

He reaches forward for a hug and we sit there in silence for a minute. With no clue as to what Jack is I feel like I've failed somehow.

I can't help the feeling that whatever I do next, I'm going to fail him.

........................................

We've been sitting in the room for about an hour, examining my new tattoos and the weird glow.

I've been trying to use my new power on Jack, to see if we could find any information about who and what he is. But so far, we've been hitting a wall.

Everything I've tried hasn't worked on him, so whatever he is, is immune to my power I'm assuming.

Since figuring it won't work on him I have been more productive, and I can now shoot blue beams or blasts of light at the walls. It's pretty fucking cool.

The way the blue floats in the air as I manipulate it, looks straight out of a comic book. Like on The Avengers how the Scarlet Witch has those cool red powers. She was always one of my favorites.

Cameron still hasn't shown up yet and it leaves me to wonder whether Pharaoh was even looking for him.

"Dasana, your powers are really cool."

"Thanks Jack, your knowledge is pretty cool. I just wish we knew why you are growing so fast."

"Maybe I'll have powers too."

"Maybe, I guess only time will tell." I was about to walk over to the wall to inspect my damage. Then I had a thought.

"Hey Jack, do you know how long we should stay here?"

"I don't think we should be here for too long, I think someone is coming."

Well, shit.

"Alrighty then, I'll just go find Cam and Pharaoh, then we could figure out what to do next. You can wait for me here."

"Okay, and Dasana? Don't judge whatever you may find."

"Um, ah ha ha, okay. I'll be back in a sec."

"Remember, I know things that you know deep down, don't act too surprised."

As I walk out of the room and into the halls on my mission to find the two idiots, I worry about the cryptic ass message Jack gave me.

We discussed how he knows stuff and he told me he sees them as dreams, and more recently, as visions during the day. Whatever he saw or felt, must be serious.

Oh shit, what if Pharaoh is killing Cameron?

Now I'm frantically searching this big ass house for them, hoping that Cameron isn't dead.

I check all the sections of the house and finally get to the theater room. It's dark in here, but a movie is playing.

I faintly hear sounds coming from the front row of seats, and start towards it. Then I stop, because I'm black and I don't want curiosity to kill this cat.

Then I keep moving because I'm not a punk ass bitch, and whatever I see, I will handle it.

But shit, I didn't expect this.

As I make it to the front row, the sounds become clearer, and I hear faint groans. I can't tell if they are groans of pain or not but, I'm about to find out.

I look over the seats, and see Pharaoh and Cameron, in a very *cough* passionate *cough* embrace.

I don't alert them to my presence and dip out of the room as fast as I can. I finally make it a safe distance away from the lovers and slump against a wall.

I suspected something but I didn't want to be right, considering my feelings for them both, well I guess Jack was right about knowing things I sort of knew.

Sighing deeply all I can think of now is... shit, who's going to be my love interest?

_________________________________________________________