Chapter 12: Bitch

Once I've seen all the times he's seen me, I release him from the trance like state he was in.

His alien form still standing near the bed, completely still. I can tell he's looking at me. Most likely shocked with my mind fucking him just now.

I look at anywhere but him because I'd rather not see a betrayed expression on the face of the guy who's been trying to play me this entire time. 

Honestly, fuck his feelings.

He betrayed me.

Or rather, he's just following orders. I shouldn't have been so stupid, I killed dude's siblings so, I doubt he wants to be with me. He lied to me so I couldn't be with him, I'm sure there's another reason we clicked so well.

"You can change back if you want to." I say softly.

After what just happened to me I don't think I could yell. It would probably hurt too much.

So now you're giving me a choice? Why can't he just change and say it out loud, dickhead.

"Not really, we need to talk and I don't want you in my head."

Why not? You don't trust me anymore?

Whatever control I had over my tone snapped and my hurt and irritation came out in full force when I spoke.

"Of course not you fucking dickhead. You've lied ever since you met me." 

My words come out quick and harsh. He flinches, and takes a step back. I don't care if he's afraid. I want him to be.

I want him to be scared of whatever I can do with my newfound abilities. I want him to tread on thin ice around me. He's done nothing but lie about everything from the start, and I want answers without tearing through his mind for them. 

Fear is a great motivator for getting the truth from others.

"Change before I make you." The threat couldn't be said any clearer and I meant every word. The time for games is up, and I'm not taking his shit.

He changes back into a human form. 

"Speak. Now."

Taking a deep breath he cautiously steps towards the bed. When I give him a look he stops at the edge, but doesn't sit down.

"Dasana, look at your eyes."

"No, now explain."

"But Das-"

"Cut the bull. I know there's something wrong with them but I couldn't give two shits because of the liar currently standing in front of me. Now talk bitch."

He looks angry, probably because of the bitch part. I don't care. He clearly doesn't want to explain himself.

"Look you're not about to have a bunch of bitches to throw around."

"Keep dodging the subject and I won't give you a fucking choice."

"Fine!" He sighs, exasperated, and finally sits down and starts talking about what I want him to.

"I'm sorry."

"I didn't ask."

"This all started when I was given the order to come to Earth and watch over one of our assets. Typically when we plan on blending in with a race we send down breeders. They mate with whoever we're about to take over and have offspring. Taking the form of the race we plan to take over makes them more susceptible to our forms and makes it easier for us to take over."

That makes sense, I felt a lot more comfortable around him when he was in human form. His other form was simply frightening. As if hearing my thoughts he grimaces.

"The offspring of the breeders have a greater ability to shift into the other race and takes more of their attributes. The offspring then come back to our home planet and mate there, giving later generations the ability to change into more forms over time."

He stops as if that's all he's about to say. 

"Not all the offspring make it back to our home planet and they may get stuck on the other one. Whenever they can't get back they send word to home, and we usually leave them there as eyes on the ground. For Earth, we sort of fucked up. We hadn't known that one of the royal breeders got sent here, and got left. She was the breeder reserved for the royals of my planet. The ones in charge hadn't realized she was gone, and she didn't want to go back, I guess she liked it here. Our lifespans are similar to yours, she had a few years longer but then she passed and hadn't caused any suspicion. But she left another child. That child had a child, and that one had one, and so on for a few generations. That royal breeder, from what our sources gathered, was your great great great grandmother. We were sent to look for you. I had found you about a month ago."

I sit shocked for about a minute, but I try to process the gist of it.

"Ok so what you're telling me is my ancestor was a royal breeder, and that makes me..."

"A princess in our standards."

____________________________________________________