Chapter 23:Growth

For the past 3 weeks I've been roaming around the forests, taking in the scenery, and trying to find which part of the planet is the most damaged.

I haven't really fixed anything yet so I'm hoping to start today. It's about 5 o'clock in Earth time, but on Trixseria the days are longer.

36 hours, they have great stamina because they're up for 24. Right now it's about 2 in the afternoon, sort of. It's the first afternoon. So it's still pretty early.

The trees are really high in this area of the forest. James insisted I take guards or something because of the animals but I didn't want any.

I did bring Jack though. The kid doesn't even exercise but he has muscles. James doesn't know what the fuck is up with that either.

Nothing about Jack and I are really compatible with the current Trixerians. From the way he grew, to my powers.

"Dasana, stop."

We stop walking.

There's rustling in a tree to our right. Closest to my direction.

Mentally scanning the life in our surroundings I see that it's a Mendlewull. It's a large lion-like creature, with wings. The animals on this planet make no sense to me.

It's as large as a fully grown horse on Earth. After we stopped walking the Mendlewull slowly crawls down the tree.

It's a scare tactic, even though flying or jumping down would've been frightening enough.

With animals my powers are slightly different. Instead of reading their minds and controlling them, I can sense their spirits. If the vibe between our spirits are right, we can connect on a more spiritual level.

I could probably do it with people too, I just don't want to, they suck.

As the Mendlewull gets closer Jack starts to tense. I know he wants to attack it.

 Ever since we got here he's been super touchy, and ready to fight anything. Probably puberty or something.

But right now he needs to be calm.

"Jack, calm down. Do not attack the innocent creature."

The Mendlewull stops mid stride and stares at us strangely. I think it finally sensed my aura.

Going wide eyed it turns to run back up the tree. I place a small barrier in front of her so she doesn't run.

Turning back to us, she growls lowly and bares her teeth. A universal sign to back the fuck up. But I walk close towards her. The growls get louder until I stand in front of her.

Steadily making low growls, she doesn't attack, though I'm so close she could bite my head off.

"Hello." I say in the most soothing voice I could muster.

She growls again.

Closing my eyes I place my hands on either side of her large head, and I try to connect with her energy.

With some animals, mostly smaller ones, I don't have to do this. But with some, it's harder than others.

She's in distress. Her spirit is burdened with the loss of her young. They were hunted. She whines and bends down, our heads touching. I let her place some of her burden on me. This pain shouldn't be felt by any being alone. She is strong, but everything that's strong, breaks eventually.

After she let's some of her heartache onto me we both sit on the forest floor. My yellow dress is getting dirty but I'll fix it. Honestly though, who wears bright colors and dresses in a forest?