Chapter 11: Change

We absolutely should stay in the mansion for a few days. Fuck the bunker. The mansion has a back up generator that can power the house for up to a month. Hell yes.

The plumbing still works, there's electricity, and I previously downloaded a bunch of movies and shows off Netflix on my phone. Looks like I'll be staying here until we go to Pharaoh's planet.

I'm still not sure about it though, they've both been acting suspicious.

After a much needed, relaxing shower, I head into one of the guest rooms. I'm going to need as much privacy as I can get, which shouldn't be very hard considering the size of this place.

I like spending time with Pharaoh and the others but I haven't had any me time since the aliens showed up. I haven't been able to figure out what's happening to me.

Closing the door of the room, I lock it behind me. I go to my bag on the bed and pull out a T-shirt, jeans, and underwear. It's the last of my clean clothes so I'm going to have to find the laundry room soon. 

I take my box braids out of the large ass bun on my head, had me leaning like Pisa, and put my hair tie on my wrist. I can't risk losing it since it's my last one, and there's not a hair store within miles of this place. If I was thinking I would've gone to the damn hair store and took some stuff. It would've been heaven.

My right hand starts to tingle. It's the feeling of a limb going to sleep, and pins and needles race up my arm. 

Not this shit again.

For the past week this has been happening, ever since the fight. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact I swallowed some of that alien blood. Actually, I'm pretty sure me winning that fight at all has everything to do with the alien blood. I'd never even been in a real fight before, except some play fights with my cousins, but those don't count. Then I swallow some blood and all of a sudden I'm Buffy the Alien Slayer out these streets.

Whatever was in the blood should be gone by now, out of my system, but I don't think it has. I do believe Pharaoh has something to do with it, and that stuff he said about wanting to be with me is only half true, I don't trust him fully but I have to play my cards right and make him think I do. 

He was laying it on too thick with wanting me to go to his planet and wanting to get married. It's clear he wants me to go, but I don't think it's to get married.

Plus he's from another planet who killed everyone from mine. The explanation that was put in my head didn't make complete sense to me at first, and now that I've had time to think, it's not adding up. The human race wasn't dying out, the planet was becoming overpopulated. Shit is mad fishy.

I want to be with him because he makes me feel special, plus he's fine and ever since I met him he's seemed so perfect, but I don't trust his ass; and sweet little Jack got me fucked up too. I want to take him with me everywhere, I wanted to protect him ever since I heard him crying in my house. The feeling has only gotten stronger with time.

Sighing I sit on the bed, staring into space, and waiting for my arm to feel normal again.

As the tingles in my arm start to fade, I look down at it. 

Holy shit. 

It looks like there's a tattoo on my wrist. It looks like vines with thorns on it, intertwined and wrapped around like a bracelet.

In my veins I feel something strange. I take a deep breath of relief once the tingles finally go away. I lift my wrist to examine it. The black vines have a blueish tint to it and it seems as though they are... moving. The blue is swirling in the black, never mixing.

I touch my wrist with my other hand tracing the vines with curiosity, confusion, and an almost childlike sense of wonder. Then I feel a blinding internal pain. All over my body.

The pain is so intense my mind becomes open to Pharaoh, and soon he pounds on the door.

"Dasana!" He tries to turn the door knob but it's locked. I'm assuming he kicked it in or something because 5 seconds later the door burst off its hinges, and he's running in towards my form on the bed.

I'm writhing in pain with my eyes shut, and as he gets closer all the pain in my body shifts to my head. I want to cry out in agony but I can't make a sound. Just breathless gasps. 

This pain is worse than sleeping on the first night of getting braids done. It's like the feeling of almost getting my brain exploded in the school hallway because of the high pitched predatory sound the hunters made... tenfold.

How the fuck am I not dead right now, I'm currently wishing I was. This is absolutely horrible. Time feels like it's going by at a snail's pace and it seems like Pharaoh is taking forever to get to the bed.

"Dasana what's wrong?" He says in slow motion.

Once he finally reaches me it's like a switch flipped on in my brain. I want him to change into his true form. Working through the pain, I grit my teeth and reach over. I touch his arm lightly. Where my fingertips met his skin a dark blue spark, the color of the vines on my wrist, appears and seems to run through his veins until it reaches his head.

"Change."

The command comes calmly yet firmly from my lips, and he appears to be in a trance. Once the word has left I realize my pain stopped.

He's trying to fight the command but whatever I did is too strong. I don't want him to resist. Just to make it even harder I add another.

"Now."

And the change is instant. Before me, is no longer the sexy shape of a concerned Pharaoh. Now he is in the form of the hunters. The form he was in when we first met outside my house.

No. I'm wrong.

Going into his mind I see myself running out of my school building's doors. But not with Cameron trailing behind me. I was jogging out of the building and hopping into my friend's car, with a smile on my face.

He was here already. And my surviving wasn't luck.

________________________________________________