Birthday Boy

Here I am writing a chapter after I scroll down my twitter account, trying to find some ideas. I couldn't find any, so I am just writing the story with the initial plan I got at 3am.

Now that I think about it, my prime time for writing was at 3-4 in the morning. I tend to post updates around that time too. Wow.

That being said, here you go.

️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

They decided to have a simple first birthday party for Davin

They decided to have a simple first birthday party for Davin. Forth invited his close friends, a few juniors that were close to him, Beam and his friends. Mrs. Jaturaphoom settled with inviting her best friends.

It's week day, so they were all having classes during the day. So Forth ended up holding the birthday party during the night.

His father was on a business trip, so he could not attend the event. But Forth was alright with it. He knew his father was busy, as always.

Not that Forth really mind though. Mr. Jaturaphoom was a good father; he cared about the whole family.

But time seemed like that businessman's enemy for years. Forth mentally shrugged, it was nothing new for him anyways.

Forth picked a well dressed up Davin, up from his bed, walking downstairs. A few of his friends already arrived when he walked upstairs.

When he walked into the backyard, his mom decided to have Davin's birthday party there, as they also prepared barbeque. He put the baby boy inside the high chair. His friends immediately ran over to Davin, with Lam scolding them to let the boy breathe. He could saw Phana and Kit a few meters from them, looking worried, so he walked to them instead, ignoring the chaos between Lam and his other friends.

"He's not answering his phone, Pha..." Kit said, as he was busy tapping on his phone, calling someone again. Not a moment later, he sighed in despair.

"What's up, Phana?" Forth asked, eyeing Kit for a few seconds before turning to Phana Konthanin. Phana turned to look back and sighed.

"Should I be worried?"

Forth frowned. "About what?"

"Beam.". "Why?"

Phana turned to Kit, hesitating to say something. Kit softly nodded as he began to tap away his phone again.

"Beam can't be reached... And... Nevermind. He should arrive soon." Phana said, turning to Kit. The latter shook his head gently.

Forth blinked. What's up with these two?

Kit then whispered something to Phana, but Forth couldn't catch it. Forth decided not to bother them, so he walked back to his baby.

"Why do you have such soft cheeks? Oh my god," Ming, one of his close juniors, exclaimed out loud.

"Hey, stop pinching them. They're turning red." Lam said. Forth could see he was slapping Ming's hand away.

The younger pouted while rubbing his hand. "It's not my fault they are satisfying to squish." He mumbled.

Forth chuckled at both, his friend and his junior. He stepped closer to his baby. "What are you guys doing?"

He turned to Davin, and sure enough. Those chubby cheeks are a bit red. The little boy looked up at his dad with teary eyes, as if he was begging Forth to take him away from those weird uncles. Forth immediately picked Davin up as he laughed.

"What's up with you, baby?" Forth teased as he rubbed the back of that small head softly.

Davin clung on him after that, not wanting to let go. Not even to his own grandma.

Not that Forth minded about it.

An hour into the party, Beam arrived. The medical student looked a bit disheveled, unlike himself. His hair was down, covering his forehead. Some of the strands might poke his eyes. His shirt was untucked, and his usual black tie was nowhere to be found.

Phana and Kit ran to him the moment he entered the backyard.

Forth bet they were asking him questions by then. What the young dad did not expect was: to have Davin spreading his arms wide to Beam as soon as he saw him.

He even struggled in Forth's arms, where he had been clinging to. Beam carved a thin smile when he saw that. He immediately took the little boy from Forth's hold, into his arms.

"Happy birthday, baby..." Beam said, causing the said baby to giggle loudly.

Everyone else, well except Forth because he had seen this sight, dropped their jaws in shock. Because the one who can make Davin giggle like that used to be only Forth, his dad. Seeing this sight, making all of them wonder one thing.

Why didn't Davin get cranky with Beam?

Because everyone literally needed to go through that cranky phase first. Davin was nowhere near friendly with strangers. That was a fact that even Forth, his dad, acknowledged.

"Traffic?" Forth asked, watching Beam carefully. Beam stayed quiet, a thin smile decorated on his face instead. Forth decided to not ask anymore.

"You are better than my son." Mrs. Jaturaphoom said to Beam.

Beam chuckled. "I am sure, the dad is better. Right, baby?"

And cue the Davin's excited gibberish talk. The woman laughed at that. "Nah, you're really good with baby."

And honestly, even Forth thought so.

"Let's bring in the cake now." Park, who were watching the scene quietly from the start, finally announce.

In his hand, was a cake. On top of it was a small candle. They sang happy bithday song happily. Forth and Beam blew the candle out for Davin. For the rest of the party, the said baby refused to go back to Forth's arms and kept clinging to Beam.

"I am starting to think you secretly have a baby." Forth said, walking towards Beam with a plate of barbequed meat.

Beam chuckled softly. "I don't. I was just teasing you." He said, finally talking to Forth that night.

"I thought you were for real, when yoy didn't answer me." Forth glared playfully.

He fed Beam the meat with a fork, since Davin refused to leave the medical student's arms. And Forth couldn't help but to think that Beam didn't eat anything yet.

Call it his instinct. Forth, himself, wasn't sure why he thought that way.

"Are you okay, though?" Forth finally asked.  It kept bothering him since he saw Phana and Kit agitated when they couldn't reach Beam. But he was not sure how to ask.

There, that exact thin smile appeared again. Causing Forth to regret asking. Something about that smile of Beam's gave Forth the sad vibe.

"You can tell me if you want." He said simply.

Beam nodded softly, but stayed quiet as Forth continued to feed him. And sometimes, Forth fed himself too. They silently ate, oblivious to a few pairs of eyes watching them.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Hello, guys! Finally an update!

I was fixing my sleeping schedule as my classes will start soon. And as I mentioned before, I mostly type the updates during 3-4am. So for the past... I think two days, I've been sleeping during that period of time, hence the late update.

Don't worry though, I will try to type before I go to sleep. It might be in a slow pace until I get used to it. *silently wishing myself luck*

Davin seemed to be fond with Beam more than Forth, hahahaha. I don't know why I love that fact. 😂

Well, until next update!
Have a nice day!