Resolve III

proofread by patriciathawmte

Came night, Davin was determined not to let Forth get away from him. So there they were, Forth sitting on his study chair while holding a squirming Davin Jaturaphoom to make sure he would not fall.

During their late dinner, Davin's mood had improved remarkably. Much better than in the evening to be exact. Forth walked with him around the house, Davin could walk without falling at all by then.

Forth played hide and seek with him too. Well, if Davin hiding under any blanket he could find lying around their bedroom was considered hiding, then it was hide and seek.

Their game consisted of Forth, pretending not to see the little boy while searching for him. The boy would then peeked out from under the blanket giggling happily.

Mrs. Jaturaphoom even came to their room to take a look. She was so used to his loud cries and sobs, hearing his giggles surprised her.

"He's okay already?"

Forth turned to her and smiled. "Yeah, food made him happy."

Mrs. Jaturaphoom knew it was not the food. But she didn't contradict him and without saying anything else, just nodded before she took her leave.

Forth looked at Davin trying to think of a way to get Davin to sleep so that he could do his assignment.

"Are you sleepy, baby?" Forth asked, staring at those wide eyes. Davin responded by giggling, thinking that Forth would play with him again.

The little boy was standing on Forth's lap, his arms around Forth's neck as he babbled incoherently. Yeah, totally not sleepy.

Forth scrunched his nose, causing the baby to giggle again.

Forth suddenly had an idea. "Do you want to draw with me?" Forth cooed, cuddling Davin before he proceeded to find some papers and pencil for him.

He put Davin down on the carpet. Davin was about to whimper again when Forth left his side for a moment but stopped when he saw Forth coming back with a foldable table. Forth set up the table and put papers and pencil on top of it along with his laptop.

Davin watched curiously causing Forth to chuckle at the little boy.

Forth then picked Davin up to sit on his lap, both facing the table. Forth then took hold of a pencil, and put it in Davin's hand.

He wrapped his grip around Davin's small chubby hand and scribble on the paper he prepared just now. Davin seemed to get the hang of it quickly because he refused to let Forth hold his hand anymore, scribbling on his own.

Forth was amused by his confidence and chuckled before he moved slightly to the side and reached out for his laptop. He turned it on, keeping an eye on Davin once in a while before he too, focused on his own work.

He glanced at Davin every ten minutes to make sure the little boy was doing fine. Davin had climbed down from his lap and was diligently scribbling on the paper.

Forth was nearly done with his assignment when Davin climbed into his lap, wrapping his short arms around Forth's neck and snuggled down in his chest.

"Aw, sleepy?" Forth asked, wrapping one of his arms around Davin.

He used his free hand was to save his work and turned off the laptop. Davin was not moving or responding to any sound. Forth peeked at the little boy's face only to find the little one already asleep.

Forth smiled at the sight. He immediately placed Davin on his bed and moved to put away the papers and table they used.

Surprisingly, Davin did not wake up this time so Forth took his time cleaning up and had a shower. He finished his assignment on his bed, beside Davin. Just in case, because he did not want Davin to wake up and lost sleep again for the entire night.