Resolve II

proofread by 

Lam was trying his best to help Forth. He even got Max and Tul involved, since they are majoring in computer science and Lam kind of hate computers, to help him find out more information about Lin, the hot girl who was apparently, a two faced girl.

Tul frowned at his laptop screen, he had been searching the web using different web crawlers but the only information he could find-legally, because they were still students and he couldn't risk their education and lives-was the fact that Lin and Beam had attended the same high school.

Max sighed as he too, gave up.

"Not only was Beam virtually secretive, Lin seemed to be like that too. How come the photos I was able to find of her was less than twenty?" Max asked Lam who sat next to him.

Lam looked at him mystified. "Why would we need her photos?"

Max sighed dramatically. "I thought you are smarter than us!"

Tul shook his head, finally giving up for real. He looked at Lam in despair.

"Such a pretty girl like her, attitude and personality aside, should have at least an Instagram account full of her pictures." Tul said bemused. "Do people like her still exist? Offline people?"

"The fact is, we could not find much photos except for the ones she used as profile pictures, or simply those her friends took and tagged her... She seems pretty secretive about herself."

Max grumbled, "She didn't even update much about her life except for which school she went to, and the few times she hang out with her best friends."

Lam frowned, "Is Beam also like that?"

Max and Tul nodded then chorused, "Yeah, but worse." Tul continued, "It was other people posting on his profile page, I barely see his."

Max nodded in agreement. He's a bit tired by then.

"Is there any chance they knew each other?" Max asked Lam this time, to which Lam could only shrug.

He was told by Forth not to ask questions and just to search for information about Lin. Lam was not sure if she had any connection to Beam. But judging from Forth's actions during the last couple of months, Lam believed there must be something.

"I'm not sure, but if there was, we need to do our best on this," Lam said.

Max stretched his arms before turning back to his laptop. Tul snapped his neck to reduce the soreness before he too, focused on his laptop.

Lam quickly sent a text to Forth to keep him updated.

Meanwhile, Forth was busy.

Well, if watching Beam from his hiding place can be counted as busy, yeah he was. Beam seemed to pack his stuff hastily before he walked out of the area.

Forth wanted to step towards the table but was stopped by a familiar notification. He mindlessly pulled out his phone and saw that Lam had sent him a text.

From Lam :
There is a possibility she knows Beam. They went to the same high school.

She is weird though... It's hard to find any information about her online.

Should Forth ask Phana instead? But then Beam would find out, might as well just ask Beam, right?

But then what should Forth say if the medical student wants to know why? Oh, she was the one who confessed to me before.

Fuck my life.

Forth sighed at those questions running through his mind. "My life is getting out of hand nowadays..."