Morning

proofread by patriciathawmte

Beam woke up on Kit's bed with Davin sleeping between him and Kit. Kit's finger was held by Davin. Beam smiled at the memory of Kit silently squealing when Davin unconsciously grabbed it in his hand last night.

Though under the little boy's arm, was Forth's black sweater that the young dad took off last night between his ridiculously late dinner and another round of sleep. Beam placed it there because Davin was fretful and was jerking awake intermittently.

Surprisingly, it helped the boy to sleep undisturbed after that. Beam chuckled softly before he slowly moved off the bed. He ruffled his messy hair as he walked into –what Kit often called–the kitchen area, where the kitchen appliances were.

Glancing at the couch, Beam could see Lam sleeping, with the blanket he gave Forth last night wrapped around his body. Forth was nowhere to be found.

As soon as he walked into the kitchen area though, there was Forth silently enjoying his morning cup of water seated on one of the chairs.

"You're early." Beam commented. Forth quietly nodded.

He pushed the water jug forward as if offering it to Beam too. Beam nodded as he took a seat, Forth turned his body to reach for a glass at the drying rack which was situated less than a meter from his seat.

He passed it to Beam swiftly.

Beam took it and said thanks, to which Forth just nodded before he sipped his water again.

"You got better..." Beam softly said, earning him Forth's attention.

"You used to be so... clumsy when it came to this kind of things." Beam said, gesturing to the things around him.

Forth nodded. "I improved, thanks to you."

"Why are you up so early? You should get more sleep." Beam said casually, sipping his first glass of water for the day.

Forth shrugged. "Took a phone call."

Beam nodded.

"My mom was worried to find my bedroom empty when she came to inform me that she will visit my dad today." Forth chuckled.

"I kinda forgot to text her about it last night." Forth said. Beam shook his head at that.

"I take it back. You are still clumsy." Beam said playfully causing Forth to grin.

Beam could see the guy was still tired. Surely, the few hours of sleep could not compensate for the number of days the head hazer had been neglecting himself.

"Do you have classes today?" Forth asked softly.

"Yeah, but only morning classes though. Why?"

Forth seemed like he had something to say, but he just shook his head. "Nothing, just asking."