three.

Judy knew that loving her was better

"You can call me Katya, if you want," the older, taller girl said. She wanted to see how the name would sound coming from Beatrice's mouth. She wanted to see if it would make her heart flutter like she thought it would.

"Okay, Katya," Beatrice said. Katya's heart pounded in her chest. I was so damn right, she thought.

"You can call me Trixie, if you want." Beatrice said.

"Okay, Trixie," Katya said. Trixie loved the way Katya said her name. Only her family had ever called her Trixie before, and hearing it come from someone so new and so cool was exhilarating.

The girls walked to physics together, holding hands for longer than either of them noticed. Neither of them realized they were holding hands when they left the bathroom, but once they stepped into the hall, Katya became hyper-aware of the lovely feeling of Trixie's hand in hers. She became hyper-aware of the girl beside her altogether.

Katya had not noticed Trixie before their encounter in the bathroom. Well, that's not entirely true. Katya noticed how nice Trixie's hair always looked. She also noticed her get picked on a lot. When Katya would watch Trixie get called on in class, her heart would always flutter at how sweet her voice sounded, but that would only last for a moment before the people around her snickered and whispered cruel things. Katya was proud to say she never joined in on their laughter. She was a senior, after all, and Trixie was only a junior. Katya was about to graduate. She saw no fun in teasing younger kids. Especially none that were as pretty as Trixie.

Trixie had noticed Katya- I mean, who wouldn't? She was tall and gorgeous and funny and sweet and, gosh, why was Trixie so infatuated by her? Katya was kind to everyone. That's her thing. Anyway, Trixie noticed Katya, and she also noticed how they were still holding hands as they walked to their honors physics class. She noticed how her own hand began to sweat, so she pulled away to fix her hair.

"Do you need someone to sit with, Trixie?" Katya's voice was kind, as usual. Trixie swooned.

"Um..." Trixie was nervous. If she said yes, would people notice her more? If she said no, would Katya hate her? "Sure, if your lab partner doesn't mind."

Katya chuckled. "I don't care what Mitch and Danny think. I want a good grade for once; all they do is fool around." That made Trixie smile. The most popular girl in school, Katya Zamolodchikova, wanted to sit next to her.

•••

a/n: I know it's slow right now, but I promise it gets good :) I just want everything to be laid out nicely and, honestly, I'm a sucker for a good story. it'll be worth it, I promise :)