twenty nine.

Remembering when the moon was burning red

Katya met Trixie at her locker at he end of the school day, as usual, but something seemed off to Trixie. Not necessarily bad, just off. Katya looked nervous, but also excited.

"Everything alright, Kat?"

Katya smiled at Trixie, excited for what was to come. "Yeah, everything's good. I forgot a bag in the locker room though, would you mind coming with me before we head to the car?"

Trixie grinned. "You still take gym?"

"Oh, shut up," Katya said. "Just come with me."

She took Trixie's hand and led her to the gym, and once they were inside, Katya took off running to the locker room, leaving Trixie to walk on her own.

"What the hell are you doing?" Trixie yelled playfully.

When Trixie pushed open the locker room door, she was greeted by Katya, along with Danny, Mitch, Ellie, and Jodi. Katya was holding a brand new pink acoustic guitar.

"Oh my god," Trixie said cautiously taking a step forward. There were pink balloons, and Ellie was holding a bouquet of pink roses. "What is all this?"

Katya passed the guitar to Danny, who handed her two small objects. When Katya passed them to Trixie, she saw they were guitar picks. Trixie had to hold them up to her eye to read them, but one said I'm so glad I picked you.

"Beatrice Mattel, will you do me the honor of going to prom with me?"

Trixie read the second pick as she asked, which said 'will you go to prom with me?'

She couldn't help the tear that slid down her cheek, just as she couldn't help the smile that spread over her face. She stepped forward and hugged Katya more tightly than she ever had before, and when she stepped back she saw Katya with a smile bigger than Trixie had ever thought possible.

"Is that a yes?" Katya asked.

Trixie nodded wildly. "Of course I'll go to prom with you, ya big softie!"

"Okay, good," Katya said. She tried to act nonchalant, but she couldn't stop smiling and her heart was racing. "Now, come get your guitar. It's too heavy."

"That reminds me," Danny began, "we've gotta get Zamo back in the gym," he joked. Everyone laughed, and it felt like paradise for a moment. In the locker room with friends and balloons and laughter, Trixie and Katya swore they were living their glory days.

~

"I just don't think you've got enough pink in there, babe," Katya joked.

She and Trixie drove forty-five minutes to the nearest prom shop. She had her dress picked out, and she got it at a local thrift store. It wasn't exceptionally prom-tastic, but it captured exactly how she wanted to look on her last big high-school night. And besides, she wanted Trixie to look better than her, anyway.

"I'm not sure pink is the way I wanna go, though." Trixie stepped out of the dressing room in a floor-length pink gown. The bodice was covered in rhinestones and the bottom was poofy tulle. Money wasn't an issue since Katya's parents offered to pay the half that Trixie's mother paid.

"You look like a fucking princess," Katya said, jaw dropped. She loved seeing Trixie dolled up in all sorts of different dresses.

Trixie stuck out her bottom lip and pouted. "I feel like a cupcake."

"Is that bad?"

Trixie smiled and looked at Katya, who had been seated in that exact position for about an hour and a half now. "Yes, it is. I just don't know if I like any of these," she said.

"Well we can go then, if you'd like," Katya said.

"Sounds good," Trixie said, turning back toward the dressing room. Unzip me, please?"

Katya stood from her chair and rested her hands on Trixie's bare shoulders for a moment before unzipping the dress. She pushed Trixie's hair over er one shoulder and pressed a kiss against her neck. "You're so gorgeous," she whispered.

"You are too," Trixie replied. "But I know you're just using me to get to my uncle; he's hung like a horse."

"You are rotted, Beatrice Mattel. I officially revoke my prom invitation."

"Yeah, right," Trixie joked.

~

The next day, Trixie went dress shopping with her mother. They went to another prom specialty shop, but this one was even fancier. It had a chandelier and a grand staircase and all the dresses on display on different mannequins.

"I think I know the perfect dress," their stylist said. His name was Ross, and his job was to pick the perfect dress for Trixie.

He led her to the dressing room with one pink dress and one gold one. She tried on the pink one first, which was lacy and had a poofy skirt. She liked it a lot, but agreed with her mother that is wasn't the one.

Then she tried on the gold dress. It was more fitted than any of the others she had tried on and had a fishtail silhouette.

It was perfect.

Trixie couldn't wait for Katya to see her in it. She was so excited for prom- something she never thought would happen. Katya had given her so much. Friends, a prom date, a girlfriend, happiness, everything Trixie could ask for. She knew prom would be perfect.

---

a/n: hello! i'll attach a pic of what their dresses are modeled after in the next chapter :) so i'm wrapping up this fic, and i have a few questions about what y'all want to see in the future. for my next fic, i'm thinking of doing adult trixie and katya, rather than high school. is that something you guys like? and also, what do you want to see in future fics? any thoughts, no matter how vague, would be lovely.