four.

Judy's never mentioned in the papers

At the beginning of class, Katya put her bag down beside Trixie, and told her to wait a moment so she could talk to Mitch and Danny.

"Hey, losers," Katya said, smiling at her friends. "I'm gonna sit with Trixie from now on because she doesn't have a lab partner. All good?"

The boys furrowed their brows and smirked at Katya. "You sure you're not high, Zamo?" Mitch said, chuckling.

"Yeah," Danny added, "who in the hell is Trixie?"

Katya's face flushed for a moment before regaining her cool. She was not the type of person to get embarrassed. "Oh, sorry, I meant Beatrice. The girl with the pretty blonde hair sitting in the front?"

The boys look at each other and shared a mischievous smile. "Whatever you say, Kat."

Katya rolled her eyes at the boys- they knew she hated that nickname. She turned to the front of the class to go sit with Trixie when she saw a substitute teacher walk in the door and announce that the class was a study hall for the day.

"Yes," Trixie whispered. "Now I can get homework started."

Again, Katya rolled her eyes, giggling at the girl's eagerness to do academic work. This made Trixie's face boil into a blush, which Katya thought made the girl look even cuter. Trixie pulled out a pink planner and flipped the pages covered in doodles to the correct day. Katya was bored by just the idea of Trixie spending the whole class doing nothing but work, so she decided to strike up a deal with the intriguing girl.

"Okay, Trix," she began, placing her hand on the planner. "Can we make a deal? How about you work for half the period and talk to me for the other half."

Trixie looked into Katya's blue eyes, confused as to why she would even want to talk to her in the first place. Katya shot one of her sweetest smiles, hoping to sway the girl's mind toward accepting her deal. This made Trixie blush again as she moved her hair from her face to take a look at her planner, her homework mountains high.

"I would love to talk to you, really," she began, looking back into Katya's eyes, "but I have so much stuff to do tonight, and I have to babysit, too."

Katya did a fake, exaggerated frown, but that's not to say she wasn't hurt by Trixie's rejection. "Ouch." She thought for a moment, practically desperate for conversation with the girl. "But you'd really love to talk to me?"

Trixie smiled. "Yes, really."

"Okay, then." Katya smiled, but she wasn't sure if she had stopped since she first took Trixie's hand. "Then you'll say yes to my proposal? You and me. Friday right after school. My house?"

Friday, Friday, Friday... Trixie was pretty sure she had no plans. Well, she definitely didn't have any social plans, but she didn't have to babysit, and she didn't think her mom would be too mad. "Sounds like a plan. Can you drive?"

"Baby," Katya said, "of course I can." Oh shit, she thought. She accidentally let the nickname slip. Luckily, Trixie didn't seem bothered.

The girls smiled and Trixie got back to homework, though her mind kept playing Katya's voice calling her baby over and over. Katya tried to do homework, too, but pulled out her phone and texted a group chat of her friends, instead.

Guys, I'm screwed. She heard Mitch and Danny laugh from the back of the room. I am so screwed.

•••

A/n: omg they're so cute... do y'all like it so far?