Chapter 10

I twisted and turned in my bed, the feeling of a light shining on my face being unfamiliar to the usual darkness I woke up to. I never did like sleeping with my curtains open.

I shuffled around trying to adjust to it, but there was something that felt different about my bed however, it was a bit stiffer than usual and the fabric of the sheets were of a rougher texture. Squeezing my eyes I twisted some more as if it would smoothen out the more I did so, but instead of feeling more sheets my neck rubbed against something strange.

The last thing that I had expected when I opened my eyes was a warm body behind me and my head using its arm as a pillow.

What kind of situation is this?

My mind was starting to wake up and it was telling me that my petite frame was cradled against a very bare and well-defined chest.

Making slow and small movements I turned around so that I was now on my back. I closed my eyes firmly taking in deep breaths. I hoped that once I opened my eyes again this wouldn't be real and that this would all be a dream. A really weird dream.

I tried to wrack my brain for what happened last night, but I couldn't remember. The most I could recall was that I planned to get on with my essay, had yet another argument with So-Hee, there was a faint image of a neon lights... and what seemed like a can of beer.

Oh God, what have I done?

It must have been the shock of waking up in a strange environment, because there's no way that I could not remember last night. The only thing that was plausible now was that this was either really a dream or I had gotten absolutely drunk, found a random stranger on the street and sold myself out of emotional frustration.

Well done So-Hyun-ah, you can't even remember who in the world you gave yourself to.

Do I look? Do I not? I tried to reason in my mind. At least if I didn't look now I wouldn't need to remember him, meaning that I would be able to walk around campus not worried about having to run into him. Deciding to do just that I jumped out of the foreign bed. I didn't even attempt to pay attention to the décor of the room, seeing as I had only one goal in mind and that was to get out of there as quickly as humanely possible.

I sighed in relief, noticing that my skirt didn't depart from my body and went to find the rest of my clothes before whoever it was woke up, but just as I had managed to pull the soft fabric over my head a voice halted my movements.

I bit my tongue; the feeling of instant regret and nausea creeping its way into my stomach.

"Are you okay?" His voice was too smooth and too chilling for the early morning, enough to send shivers down my spine.

What would be my next move? Should I pretend that he isn't there or do I face the confrontation of doom? Mid deliberation, I heard shuffling and soon I felt the same warmth on my back. My heart was stuck in my throat because there was no way I was going to forget the fragrance of his apple-scented shampoo.

I shook my head in denial, this can't be what I think it is. It's a dream. There's no way I would have spent the night in the arms of my best-friend's boyfriend.

No absolute way.

"So-Hyun-ah..." His steady voice came again, reminding me once more that this wasn't an illusion and neither was last night. His arms soon enveloped my stomach and he was now holding me, his chest pressed firmly against my back.

I swallowed hard, my heartbeat was skyrocketing and my hands were trembling. All of a sudden at the sensation of his touch, like fingers flicking through a book, the memory of last night came running back to me.