Chapter 12

~

"Are you going to speak anytime soon?" I had nothing especially interesting to say so I let him do all the talking he wanted to do. But that was just it, he hadn't said anything for the past ten minutes and I was shivering from the cold.

"You and Myung-Soo."

"What about me and Myung-Soo?" I returned quickly wanting to quicken this up. He looked like he was struggling for what to say, but I didn't want to exercise the amount of patience that I did with Myung-Soo just now. Not after he took us on a tour of the campus. He let out a sigh and closed his eyes as if he was calming himself down.

"Nothing. Listen, about that night... I'm sorry if I had known you were drunk I – I wouldn't have gone through with it. I don't know what came over me, I just came off the phone with my dad and my emotions were everywhere when you came in you were there for me and I just took my chance."

Took your chance? I stood up taller and sized Seung-Ho. I accept as much blame that would be given to me after that night, because after all I shouldn't have let him know my feelings. Not whilst he was still with So-Hee and no matter how hard it was to restrain myself, I should have held on. But right now he was speaking about that night as if I was nothing more than just a release vault for his emotions and it hurt.

A lot.

"What do you take me for? Because I had feelings for you, you think it was okay to use me to get rid of your crappy emotions and make a mess of mine?" I flinched a little at the words I used, because I didn't mean them. I knew he was emotionally broken and just because my heart was bruised I shouldn't have attacked him like that, but I couldn't help it. I was hurting.

"Ani, So-Hyun-ah, that's not what I meant."

"What did you mean?"

"I mean that you were there for me and... I don't know."

"Get lost." I returned bluntly. "Seeing you was already hard enough for me the past few years and I tried really hard because we were friends but after last week I don't think I can do it anymore." I wanted to pretend like no matter what he said to me that I would accept it and we would be fine like it was something we could all maybe put behind us, but I couldn't. And the truth of the matter was that it wasn't something I could glide over. As painful as my honesty would be, I couldn't play this hiding game anymore.

He tensed and untensed his jaw for a few seconds before moving closer to me, his hands flat against the wall above me, trapping me. He suddenly looked angry. Why? He doesn't have the right to be angry with me.

But then again I didn't have the right to be either.

"You're doing it again."

"What?"

"You keep taking the things I say and turning them into something else."

"I'm not doing anything but repeating what you said, what does it sound different coming from my own mouth or something?"

He let out a frustrated sigh and ran a rough hand through his hair. "Okay fine. What's going on with you and Soo?"

I rolled my eyes, giving him a pointed look. "You mean my best friend?" I noticed that he bit his lips and I narrowed mine starting to get the meaning behind his words. "Wah, what do you really take me for? Was me risking everything and confessing to you that night not enough?" I let out a sigh, running a hand through my hair and looking at anything but his face.

He shifted his body closer to me and the warmth his presence brought sent me shivering more so than the night draft had. "So you do remember?"

I was caught out.