Chapter 11

~

I stood by the arrivals gate with a cup of coffee in my hand, waiting for my energy-filled cousin to walk through the heavy doors. I noticed a few foreigners and a lot of Koreans come through the gates, so he should have also been here by now. He had asked me to get him a coffee, but he wasn't even out on time to collect it before it got cold.

I sighed, deciding to sit down on one of the seats on the side of the gate and wait for him. Nothing bad could have happened to him, right?

"Honey I'm home~" Oppa's familiar voice sang and I turned around to find him by the gate with his arms spread out looking at no one in particular. I shook my head knowingly, this was going to be an interesting weekend but perhaps one that I would need.

"Oppa!" I stood up to call him and as soon as he spotted me he ran to pull me into his arms causing me to a spill a bit of his precious and expensive airport made coffee.

"Op- let me breathe." I squeaked.

"Sorry, it's been so long since I last saw you." I blinked at him not even astonished at his exaggerations anymore, we had only seen each other during the summer, and we spent pretty much every day of it together. Well, he has always been the homely type. He always voiced how much he wanted the family to always together, but since my Uncle moved the family to the States he didn't have much opportunity to see me like before.

I handed him his coffee before the rest of it disappeared on the floor. "Where's all your luggage?" I asked, noticing he didn't have much besides a carry on and a pair of sunglasses on, which I chose to ignore despite it being negative degrees.

"It's at the hotel."

"In Busan?" I tried to affirm, bug he shook his head distastefully.

"No."

"In Seoul? Why didn't you just stay at our place in Busan? Or better yet yours. Aunty and Uncle didn't sell it in the end right?"

"Ha! There's no way I'm staying stuck in the countryside with nothing to do when I have a perfectly free cousin in Seoul." He tilted his sunglasses downwards a little, "Where all the magic happens."

"You used to live in said countryside." I reminded and he hushed me. "Right, so what do you have planned to torture me with this weekend?"

"Why would you think of it as torture? I'm here to spend some quality family time with you."

I gave him a look and he started laughing. "Okay, but really I want to make the most of this weekend. I actually have a networking thing this evening, I'm leaving for Hong Kong on Monday morning and staying there for a few day for more fancy business meetings, then to Japan and then back to my beloved America."

"Oh-ho, look at you being all grown up." I nudged him, to which he lifted up his collar clearly loving the ego boost. "Not like I know anything about running a company but shouldn't you be, you know, preparing for all of that business stuff?"

"That's the benefit of being in charge, I know everything already. Don't worry about the technicalities my dongsaeng, let's just focus on this weekend. Now, where are the good night clubs?"

I shrivelled my nose and shook my head, "I don't know. I haven't been to any and I don't fancy it either."

"Bars?"

"Do drinks have to be involved?"

"Fine. We're going to do Karaoke though, you have no choice in that. I came to bless you once again with my vocals and you're not going to miss out." I nodded in response, but he wasn't pleased at my lack of enthusiasm.