Chapter 18

~

When Myung-Soo asked me to hang out I didn't know what to expect, but when he told me to dress comfortably I was well versed in that area.

So, as he requested in just under ten minutes I was outside my apartment complex in a pair of denim boyfriend jeans with my grey H University sweatshirt and to compliment my white Converses laced my feet. I had worn a few layers underneath to combat the chill of the autumn evening.

Myung-Soo came right on time, he was wearing a grey hoodie that hid a lot of his body, a pair of khaki slacks and grey Nike's. On his shoulder was a black duffel bag which caught my interest, I wanted to ask what was inside but he drew my attention by leading us away.

"Let's go."

Why I was being so careful with him I didn't know. Okay I did know, but I didn't know how to bring up the conversation and knowing Myung-Soo he must have misunderstood the phone thing with Seung-Ho. It was clear that he wanted to get whatever was weighing on his chest down so who was I to stop him? If it meant finally spending time with him, I didn't mind.

We walked through our neighbourhood for a little while and taking in the never sleeping streets of Bunker Hill I suddenly remembered just why I had chosen this area to live in. Besides being situated in the growing financial area of downtown LA meaning it was good for work, the people were nice and everyone all seemed happy.

Well, on the outside that is. 

Seeing the way couples pranced lovingly hand in hand in the streets and students hanging with their friends reminded me that there's life still to be lived and we were all doing just that, albeit in our own little ways.

When Myung-Soo stopped walking, so did I. I had been focusing on him and my thoughts for the duration of our walk I didn't take in the surroundings, but when I did I noticed we were standing in the middle of an open basketball court.

I shifted to look at him and he was already setting the mysterious bag down on a bench, opening it to reveal a pristine basketball. The court was empty and since it was late it was dark, with the only lights coming from the lamps that stood at the four corners of the court.

I raised my eyebrows at him intrigued as this was far from anything I would have expected tonight. "When you said dress comfortably, this was what you meant?"

He held the ball out to me and smirked, "How about it? First to ten points is the winner?"

"Winner gets what?"

"To be the winner."

I folded my arms and stepped closer, "Not to toot my own horn, but you do know I was the ace of the high-school team and top scorer for two years at Uni?"

His smirk grew wider, "You do remember I still beat you the last time we played though right? By a margin at that."

"That was a fluke, I was having a bad day."

"There's no such thing, I'm just better." He pushed and I would be lying if he didn't stir up my competitive side. I didn't underestimate Myung-Soo's skills, he was actually really good at basketball but it had been a while since I'd been on the court and kicked some proverbial butt.

He might just have to be my first target.

"Fine, but let's make it interesting." I suggested, swiftly stealing the ball from his hands. "Strip basketball. If I get it in you have to take off a piece of clothing and if I don't you can keep the clothes on your back. How about it?"

The moment the idea came out of my mouth I knew it was too late to take it back. Heat instantly hit my cheeks, but I suppressed my embarrassment by simply observing as his expression transformed from one of interest to one of deep thought until he accepted, all in the span of a few seconds.