[Chapter 19]: Bedroom Cells

Fire Temple Bedroom Cells

----------EDIT LINE------------

Rav kicked the wall. They had been moved to the bedroom cells a few minutes before and Rav had already had enough of these cells.

Truth be told, he actually preferred the holding cells more, at least they had looked like a cell, but these bedroom cells were just that: bedrooms. They were comfortable and beautiful, they were filled to the brim with games and things to do.

When his dad had told him about the Fire Nation and the Fire Temple's cells, he had never said anything about these bedroom cells. Thorn had prepared Rav for the worst if he was ever captured.

He'd said that the people from Fire were ruthless, that they would torture and kill, that the cells would be uncomfortable and damp with moss coating the walls. Of course, he'd said they were impossible the break out of, and that all of the worst cells used heat and fire to torture and maim and kill.

He'd said that the best cells were the holding cells, and Rav had thought that was true when, when he'd been brought to the holding cells, everything his father had described about them were true. But then there was this.

This 'cell' that was not a cell yet was.

This 'cell' where the only thing that made it a cell, was that he was locked in.

Except even that wasn't true, for there was a door to a common area in the wall, where he could speak to his brothers and sisters.

Well, the doors would only open for five minutes a day, or so he'd been told by the guards.

That was the hardest thing. Being separated from his siblings. He had no idea what was happening to them, if they were alright, nothing. He couldn't protect them from where he was, and from what he could see, he couldn't use his abilities, so he doubted his brother or sister could.

He fingered his side. His fingers itched and grabbed, searching for the weapon that was no longer there. Gritting his teeth, he stopped himself.

He didn't even try using his ability. He knew it was no use. And it was too dangerous.

A part of him was glad his siblings or he, couldn't use their abilities. For if the guards found out what they were, it wouldn't matter what order the Fire Lord had given them, the guards would try to kill them.

Hmm, Rav thought. The Fire Lord. Why would he do this for us after what he did to us? What on earth does he want? What is he hiding? And the most prominent question that crossed his mind: Why did he take dad?

His thought were cut off as, with a great shuddering, the doors to the common area scraped open.

Rav ran toward the common area, towards his brother and sister only to find them already there, sitting at a table in the middle of the room. He slowed down, brow furrowed in confusion.

"When did you get here?" He spoke.

His younger brother opened his mouth, a pleasant smile glimmering on his face. "About a minute ago. I think yours opened last because you're the oldest."

His sister cut in. "Do you like your room? Mine was really nice, I have a huge bed, a cupboard filled with books, and a walk-in bathroom. Someone put a lot of effort into this place and I am not taking it for granted."

Rav opened his mouth, surprised. I guess I never actually looked around the place, I was so caught up in my thinking...

"Not to mention," the girl continued. "The clothes here are amazing!"