Chapter 54: Geoira's Messages - I

NOTE BEFORE WE START: 

This chapter is about a character called Geoira (as indicated in the title). The chapter sort of introduces her, however she was in this story previously.

She is first mentioned in chapter 39 and 40 as the soldier who commands part of Svorn's army. In these chapters, we are told about an uprising in the Northern State (which I'm sure we all remember from the previous chapters - when Svorn has to go and sort all that stuff out). 

Anyway, in these chapters, it is made apparent that she loves and sees the good in Svorn, that she values him as a leader and believes he's a good one, and that she is respected as a great commander. In her own words, she was sent to the North to:

"I will deliver the messages, withdraw the army and report back to you as soon as possible." (The messages being: the one to the Northern State leader about meeting with the Fire Lord and the letter to 'Khixal' in the North-Eastern state [whoever Khixal is].) 

Is that understood? If you have any questions, feel free to ask or go back to the two chapters and read them again. :D 

K, now without further ado, you can continue on reading the story! ;D

----------------------

Fire: On border of Central Northern State

Paper was scattered around her, metal implements on every desk, smoke clinging to every fabric. She sighed, hand raising to her bowed head. Meanwhile, her other hand reached out, picking up an inked pen and placing to tip of it at the bottom of the page in front of her. A pause. She sighed again, scrawling her name before folding it up and placing it on the side of the desk. She leaned back.

Her eyes flicked to the small hatch framing the outside of the tent she was holed up in. No people. Good. She reached out her arms, stretching them far behind her before rolling her wrists and standing up. A step. And then another one. She paced up and back, around and around the tent, head up yet still in thought. A small spring and she was jogging, her mind open, pants flaring out behind her.

With a soft flick of the entrance to the tent, a head poked its way in. She rolled her eyes. "Come in."

A girl entered, probably no older than sixteen, eyes crisp and alert, wisps of her short brown hair flared out behind her. "Commander, everyone's been pulled back from the border and are ready to go."

Geoira halted. "Good. The message has been delivered to Khixal?"

"Yes."

She closed her eyes. "Wonderful. Send a message to Tenebre – we're retreating to his base, dropping off his soldiers, and then we're crossing to the Fire Capital. Pass another message to the generals: We're moving tomorrow, first light. Get them ready to go; we're going to need transporters on standby. Has the Northern State's troops pulled back yet?"

"Yes."

"Then tell the soldiers to lower their shields. We're not going to be attacked anytime soon. The Fire Lord did exactly as he promised, so we have no need to fear... They really should have more faith in him."

The girl nodded, instantly committing all the messages to memory, word for word. "Sure."

"Oh, and Reyna?"

The girl turned, once again facing the eyes her commander – which were open and alert, staring into her soul with calm serenity. "Yes?"

Geoira smiled. "You're a page girl, not a soldier. Clean up, and don't overwork yourself."