Chapter 26: Lord Fawtor's Anger

Fire Council Capital

Svorn's steps resounded in the hallway as he strode out of the council room. After the 'incident' the meeting had finished quite quickly and everyone had started to depart. The Fire Lord departed straight away, of course; there was no way he was staying around this place for one moment longer. Unfortunately, he wasn't getting his wish.

A tall, dark figure blocked his path.

Svorn scowled, annoyed. "What do you want, Fawtor?"

Lord Fawtor took a step forward, staring down at Svorn in distaste. "What I want, Svorn, is for you to tell me why my son attacked the council room."

"I have no idea why you think I would know, but I'll tell you this now: I don't know, and quite frankly, don't care. He attacked, and it certainly made for a good change in pace to the usual boring meeting that we have." He turned away from Lord Fawtor and back to walk past him. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to be heading back to Fire Temple."

Lord Fawtor stepped back into Svorn's path and stayed still, preventing Svorn from moving forward. "Don't move away from me when I'm talking to you." He crossed his arms before continuing.

"I have managed to keep the times of the Fire Council meetings from my son with great difficulty. No council member is allowed to tell outsiders when the meetings are, and then suddenly my son is aware. I know, against everyone's wishes, you have kept in touch with him, and I know that you sent a letter out during the meeting and I know you got a reply."

Svorn smiled, a mischievous grin. He'd never even tried to follow the stupid rules that had put into place for caution's sake. In fact, he'd often gone out of his way to intentionally disobey them, as sometimes stupid rules like that, were made to be disobeyed.

He too now crossed his arms. "So what if I did? I'm the Fire Lord, you can't do anything to me."

Lord Fawtor's face started to turn red with anger. "Don't you get cocky on me, boy! You don't have complete control over Fire yet, and you still won't until we say you're ready for it. That 'power' can easily be taken away from you and given to someone more deserving."

Svorn raised an eyebrow. "Someone more deserving? Someone like you, you mean." He scoffed and lowered his arms, ready to push past Lord Fawtor if that was what was necessary to escape him.

A loud clap resounded around the room.

Svorn's head whipped to the side as his cheek started to turn bright red. He raised a hand to the cheek, touching it, before pulling it away and staring at the few droplets of blood that now speckled his hand.

"DON'T YOU REALISE HOW LUCKY YOU ARE?!?" Fawtor was panting with the amount of utter hatred that had consumed him. His teeth bared, his eyes filled with daggers, and veins poking out all over his face, he looked the spitting image of his brother, Svorn's father, and ultimately Thorn, when they were in a rage.

Svorn recoiled, backing away a step from the sheer loathing emanating from Fawtor's face.

"You," Fawtor continued, "The weakest brother, obtained the throne after your older brother was banished." He grabbed Svorn's shirt and pulled him close until he was staring in Svorn's eyes. "Is this all a game to you?!?

"My brother was the oldest of the family, and therefore, he took the throne even though I had the greater power. The title of the Fire Lord should be given to the one who is the most powerful, not the eldest! And you! You were not the strongest or the eldest! You inherited the throne because your brother ran away. You got power because you were the only one left to obtain it. You obtained the biggest title in all of Fire, and now you are treating it like a joke!?! You are an insult to the family name, and a disgrace to all of Fire!"

He let go of Svorn's shirt and backed away, turning to leave.

Svorn, unable to let another have the last word, called out after him, "You forget, Fawtor. One of the main reasons you were never considered for the Fire Lord was your emotions. You're not in control of them, and therefore end up in terrible positions. And don't forget: your son turned bad because of you, because of your incapability as a father figure."

He then closed his eyes gently. When they snapped open, a second later, they were filled with all the fire, power and intensity that the Fire Lords were famous for. "You're going to regret ever saying that to me. You're going to burn and burn and when I'm done, there won't even be bones left."

Lord Fawtor slowly spun around and faced the Fire Lord with just as much fire in his eyes. "Was that a threat?"

However, before he could say anymore, Lord Delro and Lord Laros came walking towards them, talking. Lord Fawtor breathed out, annoyed, before turning back around and heading off.

Delro and Laros were murmuring so quietly that Svorn couldn't understand them from where he was. When Laros saw Svorn looking at him, he quickly mumbled a few more words to Delro and disappeared, his ability transporting him through fire to who knows where.

Lord Delro smiled at Svorn and quickly came over to him. "Good! Just who I wanted to see!"

Svorn smiled, a true smile. "Lord Delro!" He raised an eyebrow, indicating for Delro to continue.

Lord Delro lowered his voice. "I have something I wish to discuss with you. It-"

Lord Frelrick and Lord Endis were walking down the hall all serious, as usual. Their backs were straight, their heads were raised and neither one acknowledged the other's presence. Lord Endis was in front with Lord Frelrick trailing behind, an authority assertion.

As they passed, Endis nodded his head towards the Fire Lord and Svorn nodded back. Although the two had rarely talked, they got on well together and each respected the other the same amount, a good, healthy relationship.

Once they had passed, Lord Delro turned back to Svorn, only to be stopped, once again, by another member of the council. Lord Cas came strolled down the hall, hands in his pockets. He winked as he passed Svorn and Delro, before addressing Lord Delro.

"Hey Delly! Whadda ya talking about?" He cheerfully said.

Lord Delro smiled back at him, patronisingly. "Nothing of your concern, Lord Cas."

"Ooh, someone's in a grumpy mood." Cas threw his hands up in surrender. "I won't intrude on your little conversation then." He saluted, jokingly. "See ya!" He then continued down the hallway.

Lord Delro would probably have to be the person who liked Cas the least, and yet Cas, being Cas, was completely oblivious to it.

"It would probably be best if we talked about this elsewhere." Lord Delro indicated towards a door across the hallway that he knew contained a large empty room where they wouldn't be disturbed.

-----------------

Hey Guys!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Sorry, I was a little late in putting up this chapter. It was fun, though. This was originally part of one bigger chapter, however, I cut it in half because of how long it was. So.... Next week, the chapter will again be set at the Fire Council Capital. 

It will be a fun chapter, as it focuses around Svorn's love life. To give you a bit of an indication, it's called 'Talk of the Queen', so... should be fun! It's also the last chapter of this Fire Council segment.

Do you like hearing about Svorn and the Fire Council? Which Fire Council member do you want to hear more about? Who is your least favourite Fire Council member? Is there anyone, so far, that you hat with every ounce of your being? 

*Someone has always got your back, even if you never notice them*

- Sylvia Shadow