Belladonna (onebluerose)

Reviewer: onebluerose

Author: growingupinsane

Cover: 9/10 

Nice cover! The image gives a mysterious vibe though some of the words on the cover are hard to read. I suggest making those more readable.

Description / Summary: 8/10 

The first sentence of the summary, "Either you hold on or let go, the past will always be there." I don't know but I think "whether" would be more appropriate. Also, maybe reconstruct the summary to add more mystery to the story. Because at first glance, it seems like a cliche, unrequited, forgotten love story with mystery on the side. It still delivers its purpose though, which was stirring a reader's interest. Overall the summary is good with room for improvement.

Chapter Review: 8/10 

I have read the book to up to the tenth chapter. There was only little grammatical error and spelling mistake. I like the mystery of the roses and the tension you have presented within Donna's group of friends. The way you make everyone around the main character suspicious is great too. It's just I am not really a fan of every male around her somewhat falling for her. It kinda became the main focus of the succeeding chapters meaning you deviated from the real point of the story. I almost forgot that the genre was mystery.

Prologue and Chapter 1: 

The life of the main character was presented well. What life she lived before the big change and what it was like for her now at present. The arrival of the other characters though (Donna's friends) was a bit overwhelming but I caught on after a few more sentences. There was also tension right at the start with Donna and one of her friends, Aven. As for me, knowing that her childhood friend had also changed his identity, that said situation had helped arouse suspicion. Was Aven the one?

Chapter 2: 

The descriptions are good. The mystery behind the roses was really intriguing. The first chapter made me suspicious of Aven and now, chapter two, I have my eyes on Rio.

Main Characters: 8/10 

Every character seemed suspicious and that's really great. As for Milano, he seemed like a normal stalker up to the point where I've read. I don't quite feel the obsession there which was where his feelings for Donna were supposed to be at. Donna, I don't really find her character likeable. There were times I could relate with her but most of the time, I hate her indecisiveness. She also jumps from one man to another (maybe not officially become boyfriend-girlfriend with them but you know what I mean) which disappoints me. I also don't find her curious enough or devastated. There was only a little feeling to her. Well, except if that was what you intended for her character to be then please disregard my opinion.

Activity of the Writer: 9/10 

The author sometimes replies to feedback/comments on the story and more on their conversation feed.

Plot: 7/10 

The plot is interesting. It needs a bit work and improvement but it's a good story. The mystery is there, the tension. Just please do not go off track as it kinda went from mystery to some cliche, reverse harem type love story.

Overall Advice: 

The story is great. Needs a little editing because of some grammar and spelling mistake but overall, nice job!

This is just my opinion. A single person's point of view. Please know that the things I pointed out are not flat out negativity but rooms for improvement. Also, please feel free to ask questions if you have any. Thank you for trusting me!