Born In A Storm (Annie_Moon2001)

Reviewer: Annie_Moon2001

Author: SouthMarie

Cover: 9/10 

The cover is quite beautiful. I love the face claim used. She sure does represent the stiff and haute protagonist. I'd advice that you increase the opacity of the texts a little so that it can be easily read without one having to squint their eyes. 

Description/Summary: 9/10 

The description/summary is well written. The grammar and spellings are on point. The punctuations are in check. I'd just advice that you work on your organization. Always remember to give a space between your dialogues for proper organization. Endeavour to use the type of paragraph normally used in books, on line spacing and not the one used when penning things down in general. 

Chapter Review: 9/10 

Incipit Prologus:It's well written. The grammar and punctuation ate on point. Though I'll advice that you still try to edit it a bit more. The vocabulary used is also on point.I'm quite curious to know what actually happened to her in her past and the reason for her nightmare. 

Chapter 1:I love the intro. It just screams fire. The spellings and grammar are on point. I love the attitude your main character possess. The more I read this book, the more curious I get to know the reason for her stiff nature. The chapter ending is just perfect. This chapter so far, is really interesting.

There's something that got me confused. Is her mother of an African or a Spanish heritage? You mentioned that she was of an African heritage but why did she know Spanish? 

Chapter 2:I noticed a sentence in your dialogue that seemed a bit off. It was the final comment or the closing comment made by the principal. "Assembly dismissed and have I wish you a wonderful year at Panther's High."In another place, the comment Sam made to Jaz enquiring how long the lady has been principal, you used "as" instead of "has".Other than the two I pointed out, I don't think there's any more error but I'll advice that you reread it to thoroughly edit it.So far, I'm loving the book. Does Jaz have a crush on that Marc guy? 

Chapter 3:I noticed that Sam is quite observant. you actually have a very important question which is, does Sam possess powers? I mean her friend Jaz was once like it seems like her skills developed more. I loved the scene where she gave those queen bees a well deserved comeback. This chapter was well written. The only thing that I noticed was that sometimes when writing, " He said or She said", you sometimes start with small letter. 

Chapter 4:Super great chapter. Your vocabulary is still perfectly on check and so are your spellings and grammar.

I'd advice you work a little more on your description. I'm not saying it's not good, it's actually really good but the part where you were describing Sam's phone cover just seemed a bit jumbled up and could use some brush up. You were saying that Marc got knowing her love for Percy Jackson then you immediately started describing it without trying to make it clear (that you were describing the phone cover). 

Chapter 5:The first sentence and paragraph in this chapter sounds a bit off. The descriptions were just mind blowing. I swear I could feel the adrenaline running through my gains as though I was the one that was pulling off those wonderful stunts. I'm really curious to know what happened in Sam's past. What ghost of her past still haunts her. 

Chapter 6:I love and hate the way new characters keep popping up. It kind of increases the suspense. Kind of is not really a food term to be used because it actually increases the suspense. I really love the way Sam carries herself. 

Plot: 9/10 

It's well written. You ensured to make each chapter thrilling and have scenes that makes one curious on what's to happen next.I'd advice that when writing, you should endeavour to answer all possible questions that might cross the mind of your readers like the one I pointed out in the first chapter about her mother's heritage.

Overall Advice: 

I'll just advice that you look through what I've pointed out and edit. I didn't mention some things in some of the chapter review since they were just repetition like starting "he said" or "she said" with small letter. I really enjoyed every second I spent reading this book. Also, thank you very much for being patient with me. 

That all aside, I'll rate this book a 10/10.